My builds - Schwinn with tongsheng mid drive and left drive kit

sizzles

Local time
11:31 PM
My two builds from kits. The blue Marin has a 75 dollar wish.com left drive kit and the Schwinn has a tongsheng mid drive kit. I actually like the left drive kit better.

Attachments

• 20230319_184341.jpg
    20230319_184341.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20230314_165155.jpg
    20230314_165155.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20230317_214831_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230317_214831_Reddit.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 20230205_001520.jpg
    20230205_001520.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for sharing. The left drive kit looks interesting. It's almost the same style as a motorized bike kit, except the electric motor clamps on the side of the bike. Very simple, I like it!

Do you know the wattage of the left drive kit?

Thanks for sharing. The left drive kit looks interesting. It's almost the same style as a motorized bike kit, except the electric motor clamps on the side of the bike. Very simple, I like it!

Do you know the wattage of the left drive kit?
The motor was 24 volts 250 watt from a kit I got on wish.com for 75 bucks plus tax. I got the bike at my neighbor's garage sale for 10 bucks, the disc brake adapter and sprocket for 30 bucks and a new counterfeit Shimano chain for 5. I had some newer components laying around, by newer I mean only 20 years old as opposed to 25 years old that was on it. I took it down to the frame and rebuilt it and greased, oiled, or cleaned everything that needed it.

The battery was free and I made the battery mount and cover with some 1/8" steel plate and sheet metal I already had. The motor was a brushed gear reduction with a 36 volt battery. It would do 20 mph without pedalling on flat ground with about a hour and a half runtime if I peddled a bit on mostly flat ground.

I just fried the motor a few days ago when I put a actual 36 volt controller on it as I was using the 24 volt controller the kit came with. I had put a couple thousand miles on it. Not to bad for a bit under 140 bucks. I did have to modify the motor mount quite a bit and it was a real pain in the ass until I replaced the rag joint sprocket mount with the one attached where the disk brake disc would have been on the wheel, I broke a few chains and the rag joint had to be recentered on the wheel every 30 to 40 miles.

The motor was 24 volts 250 watt from a kit I got on wish.com for 75 bucks plus tax. I got the bike at my neighbor's garage sale for 10 bucks, the disc brake adapter and sprocket for 30 bucks and a new counterfeit Shimano chain for 5. I had some newer components laying around, by newer I mean only 20 years old as opposed to 25 years old that was on it. I took it down to the frame and rebuilt it and greased, oiled, or cleaned everything that needed it. The battery was free and I made the battery mount and cover with some 1/8" steel plate and sheet metal I already had. The motor was a brushed gear reduction with a 36 volt battery. It would do 20 mph without pedaling on flat ground with about a hour and a half runtime if I pedeled a bit on mostly flat ground. I just fried the motor a few days ago when I put a actual 36 volt controller on it as I was using the 24 volt controller the kit came with. I had put a couple thousand miles on it. Not to bad for a bit under 140 bucks. I did have to modify the motor mount quite a bit and it was a real pain in the ass until I replaced the rag joint sprocket mount with the one attached where the disk brake disc would have been on the wheel, I broke a few chains and the rag joint had tobe recentered on the wheel every 30 to 40 miles.
Ah I see now, so you got the motor kit and then adapted it to fit on the bike. Nice work! It's a shame you fried the motor, 20mph is a decent speed.

Back