My bike's down

snipechief

Local time
6:40 PM
I've had a double click coming from my rear wheel since I've had thw bike for 1 months and 220 miles. I thought it was the derailleur, and adjusted that a bunch of times with no luck. Pedals, cranks,BB, stem, quill, axle nuts, all were good.
Took it to the LBS on wed that actually sells and works on ebikes . Today I call, and apparently it needs a new free wheel. They don't have one and must order. I need my bike. I tried riding my acoustic bike, and I now know that will be my last ride on that in these hills . Barely made it home. Miss my bike tremendously.

Oh man that sucks!
I know that feelin :sick:
You'll get it back...now just save up and get the extra parts so ya won't have anymore downtime.
Can ya call around to other bike shops and see if they have what ya need?

What kind of acoustic bike do ya have?
Is it possible to convert that one? DIY ebike with a 1500w hub drive or a BBS02 mid drive perhaps....
That way when/if something happens to yur main ride then ya have one to fall back on...make sense?

Is it possible to convert that one? DIY ebike with a 1500w hub drive or a BBS02 mid drive perhaps....
That way when/if something happens to yur main ride then ya have one to fall back on...make sense?
Hey HP, There is another shop, but I don't like the vibe of the elitists scum that run it, so I had to travel 30 miles. I'm just going to wait it out. Unfortunately we're having the best weather of the year this week, and next.
My acoustic bike is my jamis commuter 2, that will be my donor bike whenever I make my mind up on which mid drive to use as we have discussed. I needed to ride today, so I tried to ride it this morning, and after that ridiculous attempt to pedal this on these hills I told myself I will never do that again. That's why I bought an ebike. And man does it make a difference.
My jamis is a lightweight with a shimano nexus 7 IGH. The front forks are aluminum as is the entire bicycle. So I'm thinking mid drive. I'm going to need a powerful one. I'd like the bafang BBSHD, because of the extra power for hills. I'm still researching. So far, when you buy the kit and battery I'm looking at around $1400.00 or more. I don't want a factory bike, I'd rather do it myself. My bike also has rim brakes, they are very very strong, but I'm not sure it's ideal.
Yes it does make sense, and I'm trying to decide what to do. Te bbs02 is nice, but I'll probably go bbshd if it fits. It's got a 68mm BB . Nothing special.

Maybe there is a Mobile Bicycle Repair business in your area. Look it up on Google! They come to your work or home. Not emergency repairs you have to make an appointment.

Got it back a couple of hours ago. It's all good in the neighborhood .
They ended up putting a whole new cassette on it. Smooth as silk now.
20221105_155432.jpg

Is it a cassette or a freewheel?

Usually these hub motor rear wheels have freewheel as drivetrain, they have to replace the whole freewheel as one unit, individual cog on a freewheel are very difficult to replace.

Any clue why the original freewheel failed?

Is it a cassette or a freewheel?

Usually these hub motor rear wheels have freewheel as drivetrain, they have to replace the whole freewheel as one unit, individual cog on a freewheel are very difficult to replace.

Any clue why the original freewheel failed?
Don't really know.

Most Shimano cassettes should be stock items. It may be that you can get parts faster via Amazon (Prime 2-day) than your local shop can from their parts distributor. Have them do the work, but source the parts yourself if they have long lead times. Glad you're back in the saddle.

Back