My Aventon Aventure journey

HumanPerson

Oooohhhhmmmmm
Staff member
Local time
7:16 PM
So i've been using the Dual battery discharge balancer with a BTRpower 48v 25ah battery.

After getting the Veerubber street tires, i have charged both the stock aventure battery and the btrpower battery up
to 53.8v and set out to abuse this bike and the dual battery discharge balancer.

So, I've been taking it up to 28mph for short jaunts of 1/2 a mile then 12mph for 2 miles then varying a bit back up to 28mph then hover around
15mph, taking hills with throttle only and just trying to abuse the s**t out of the bike and DBDB. (dual battery discharge balancer)

I think it's doing a good job so far, what do you all think?

IMG_20230424_165450[1].jpg

50 miles of abuse and it still seems to be doing well at its job so far.

We'll see how it is doing at around 20% left.

I'm thinking around 75-80 miles with the DBDB (Dual Battery Discharge Balancer)
while keeping higher speeds and traversing some wild hills.

We'll see what it says when down to around 25-20%
Have a good day ya'll :cool:

HP

Mileage is quite impressive. I think 100mi. range is a perfect benchmark for e bike touring. I also have the speedsters on my aventure and the only thing neg. I have found with them is getting used to the self steering on sharp turns. I rode dirt and street motorcycles for 60 yrs. some the falling in effect on slow sharp turns is nothing new as some nobbies I found did that as well. If we could increase the rake and trail just a bit on this bike it would help with that situation with a highly crowned tire like the speedster. Oh the bicycle people call this slacker. Oh well they just pirated the suspensions from motorcycles anyway. Wait a minute the m/c guys stole the frames from the bicycle industry? If bicycle industry would change the steering setup on suspension bikes to mount up like m/c you could slide the stanchions up or down a bit to change the geometry. Oh well it is what it is. Nice ride. Enjoy.

In actuality i was/still am hoping for around 60 miles of abuse to both the batteries and the bike, per charge :ROFLMAO:

After this testing i'll drop back to my 9mph up to 15/17mph and just cruise the streets slowly lol
What does the slacker mean? I wonder if the self steering will go away or be less over time?

It's been a while since we've seen you here, welcome back :)

slacker would be more rake on the front end. This would be more like a chopper(not too the extreme) than a steep angle that a dirt bike has. The slacker or more rake angle would slow the steering down a bit. The steeper angles allow quicker steering. Think long wheel base (highway touring car) vs sports car. The builders find a happy medium for the purpose of the bike. The nature of the v rubber speedsters profile give them a high and very pronounced radius. The nobbies it comes with are more on the flat side. Also the tread design of the speedsters bite the pavement more than the knobs on the off road type tires. I just play with the tire pressure levels and try to get used to the different feel of the tire. The gain in speed and lower rolling resistance of the speedster make them worthwhile to me. Thanks for the welcome back.

I've been around 16lbs. front and am at 29lbs. in the rear tire since it's been a bit chilly still here in virginia.
I'll lower those down a pound or two as the weather warms up though.

Thank you for that explanation, I can get that :)

I'm pretty happy with the Veerubber tires so far. that rollin resistance sure did drop , going from the stock kenda tires.
I'd change the throttle on the Aventure to pick up a bit at first throttle engage and probably up to the 28mph instead of 20mph it's limited to.

The app...boy oh boy i didnt really use it other than lower the settings a bit then had to zone in on what i really wanted.
Now with the dual battery discharge balancer and a huge block type of battery i feel alot better riding long distances.

It's really a comfy ebike to ride.

I’ve been thinking about buying a second battery and throwing it into my rear cargo bag, so I can swap out if I travel too far.

I’ve found that the limiting factor however is not so much my battery capacity as my butt getting sore after 35-40 miles, LOL.

Maybe my new suspension seat post will alleviate that a tad.

Well, today i rode again the Aventure!!

Todays abuse was to just throttle as far as i could go as fast as it would take me, after being on 59% left.

I rode at speeds of 28mph until it got down to 50% then the top speed kept falling fast.

Once at 20% it was VERY sluggish unless going 9mph. I took it down and down and it finally stopped all
movement at 13% left.

At that point i was in my parking lot and wondering if it could have gone farther.
I turned it off, opened my front door then decided to see if it would go another mile....it didn't even turn back on. LOL

So, that all being said.....with all of the speedy and hilly abuse i've thrown at this bike with the DBDB and added battery,
I can realistically say that i am now happy with the Aventon Aventure.

It went a total of 57.6 miles total with all of this abuse.

Now, I believe i'll ride it at 9mph up to no more than 18mph and see how my real world mileage looks :)

Thank you all for reading!

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP

I forgot to take a picture before i started to charge it again.....sorry :)

Hello! Awesome setup. I wanted to ask though, how do you charge both batteries? I cannot get a good answer on if you have to disconnect the dual battery discharge balancer, before plugging in both batteries to their individual chargers. Thanks in advance!

Hello! Awesome setup. I wanted to ask though, how do you charge both batteries? I cannot get a good answer on if you have to disconnect the dual battery discharge balancer, before plugging in both batteries to their individual chargers. Thanks in advance!
I just disconnect the battery in the bag on the rear rack then i charge it through its charge plug.
At that time i can just hook the Aventures battery charger up and charge it normally.
Hope that helps :)

Welcome to the forums by the way :cool:

Back