Mountain Bike Trails with the Lectric XPremium?

KenG

Local time
6:10 AM
I'm looking for advice on using (or not) my Lectric XPremium on mountain bike trails. I know the manual says that it is not intended for mountain biking, but I have been trying my XPremium on some easy to moderate trails and it seems to do welll enough. The fat tires, front fork dampers and comfort seat/seatpost all help reduce impacts from the trail, the mid-drive motor gives it a lot of climbing power, and the torque sensor allows for smooth and natural feeling power delivery. I understand that it won't cut it on advanced trails with jumps, drops, technical sections, and such but what is the harm in using it on "normal" trails? Is there a concern that jarring from the trail will cause failure of the frame hinge, or something of that sort?

I've heard of some people changing the hinge pins(?)

I think you're right about that being a weak point.

Years ago.....I used to take rental cars up dirt roads that they shouldn't have been on......they made it once but I wouldn't have been comfortable using the same car on those roads on a regular basis.......you can get away with a lot of stuff for awhile but......using the right product matters in the long run. Also.......I would never buy a rental car.....ya just don't know what people have done with them! LOL!

Back