Motor sometimes spins on its own.

chyaboi

Local time
2:36 AM
I just wired up my new controller and sometimes when I turn the bike on like once every few tries the motor will randomly spin and won't stop until I turn off the bike. Turn back on the bike and the problem is gone, repeat this and like I said every few tries sometimes it will just randomly start spinning by itself. Any ideas? Maybe a bad connection on hall sensors?

I'd disconnect both the PAS and throttle wires from the controller and then see if the problem persists. If its gone you know its one of those two causing the problem. If not, seems to me it's likely a fault in the controller.

I should have that of that, doing process of elimination. I am returning the controller and got a new one LOL

I should have that of that, doing process of elimination. I am returning the controller and got a new one LOL
My thinking, which may be obvious, is that the input signals to start driving the motor should really only come from one two sources, PAS ans throttle. With them disconnected and it still does it, the 'instruction' to sent power to the motor must be an internal controller error.

If you do get the repeat problem with the new controller, besides disconnecting the PAS and throttle (if it has one) check the wiring is consistent. Easy to do if they are SM type connectors. There is no wiring standard so just don't assume the new controller is the same as the old one. I had to swap around the PAS pins in the SM connector in a recent controller change I did. Colours used weren't even the same on both sides of the connector.

My thinking, which may be obvious, is that the input signals to start driving the motor should really only come from one two sources, PAS ans throttle. With them disconnected and it still does it, the 'instruction' to sent power to the motor must be an internal controller error.

If you do get the repeat problem with the new controller, besides disconnecting the PAS and throttle (if it has one) check the wiring is consistent. Easy to do if they are SM type connectors. There is no wiring standard so just don't assume the new controller is the same as the old one. I had to swap around the PAS pins in the SM connector in a recent controller change I did. Colours used weren't even the same on both sides of the connector.
I am not a total noob so I did actually try changing the PAS wires around to see if that would fix it and still same issue.

What controller are we talking about, might shed a little more light on the subject.

Back