Motor Lubrication

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

Hi All,

I got an Edge Fast Forward, over ten years ago now, I used to commute on it. Not used it much in recent years for obvious reasons, but have still been using just to get out and about and sometimes to mimic the commute I don't do now I am working remotely more.

A couple of weeks ago, I was out on it one night and the motor started making a bit of noise. It sounds like it needs lubricating.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use?

It has been serviced at standard cycle shops, but they aren't specialized when it comes to the electric part. The store I bought it from did service it as part of the sale after six months, but due to the way the manager treated me I swore never to go back. I questioned why the battery wasn't going as far as advertised, his response was that I was fat (I wasn't).

Any help is appreciated.

When does it make the noise? If it's when starting off from a stop, but not at cruising speed, it could be a loose motor magnet. If it happens when the motor starts getting up to speed, but not at higher speeds, the clutch could be getting worn out.

Ride1Up has some useful information:

Back