- Local time
- 3:07 AM
- Feb 28, 2023
Hello. I have a Bafang 1000w mid-drive with a 52v pack that suddenly is cutting power under almost any load. Regardless of whether its throttle or PAS it cuts out almost immediately when power is applied and the red indicator light on the display lights up. (DPC-18) This does shut the system off, just cuts power and comes back immediately. I had rode the bike the night before for about 30km and there were no issues. Went out the next night and as soon as I got to the furthest point of my ride the motor started cutting out. This is mainly a road bike so there are not many hard bumps, but they have happened. Nothing of note before it broke down though. I've tried the following so far but wanted to check before I went further.
- 52v pack. Pins are the same as in the attached pic. They already looked brand new as I've only removed the pack a few times. I cleaned them with alcohol to be sure. The pack connects very snug.
- I've disconnected and re-connected every connection.
- Cleaned the wheel speed sensor and magnet. The red light blinks on each rotation.
- The brake cutoff sensor seems to work fine. If I lift the rear wheel (no load) and throttle up the wheel spins and the motor cuts when I touch the brake. I've disconnected the brake sensor to test and the motor still cuts out under load.
- I've charged the pack to full and tested with a multimeter and got approx. 58v.