Motor crunching sound

Pineman

Local time
4:41 PM
My motor makes a horrible crunching sound when starting from a dead stop facing uphill. Sometimes it shuts the bike off and will not restart until I disconnect and reconnect the battery.

make, model, brand, age, mid drive, hub motor,..... come on you gotta give us something to work with

I'm going to go ahead and just guess at it. It's probably a hub motor around 750w and i'm assuming the nylon gears inside the hub are broken/stripped/worn and skipping/binding under a load.

make, model, brand, age, mid drive, hub motor,..... come on you gotta give us something to work with
I purchased the Magicycle bike in April 2022. Probably as less than 300 miles on it. I was on another E-bike site and all indications are it has nothing to do with the bikes make, model or hub motor type/manufacturer. Several people indicated that it sounds like a hall sensor wiring issue. The problem only occurs when the bike is pointed up hill from a dead stop. It seem to occur more when using the throttle in lieu of pedal assist.

I'm going to go ahead and just guess at it. It's probably a hub motor around 750w and i'm assuming the nylon gears inside the hub are broken/stripped/worn and skipping/binding under a load.
Thanks. It is still under warranty. I will take it in for service and post what the problem was.

That would be great, this forum has been very helpful to me and others. The more info we can get out there the better off we all are helping others.

Back