More power for ebike

Diggerman

Local time
3:10 PM
I've just bought a 1000 watt e bike from a shop. While I realise it's illegal to sell full power bikes from a shop, this bike is worse than my 250 bike. I would like to know can I get more power from it because it really is very poor. I need to get up hills rather than out and out speed and my other bike would leave it standing. Thanks

There is likely a governor restricting the speed. I have a 1000w hub with 48v battery and hit 30 constantly. The govern is usally a blue thin wire, doesn't hurt to unplug stuff until you find it, just make sure the battery is off when you’re reconnecting wires

There is likely a governor restricting the speed. I have a 1000w hub with 48v battery and hit 30 constantly. The govern is usally a blue thin wire, doesn't hurt to unplug stuff until you find it, just make sure the battery is off when you’re reconnecting wires
Thanks I will have a look later

Look for an amp limitation, and google the "shunt mod", or look into an upgraded controller. Speed is limited in controller or related to volts, also motor type and specs. Hill climbing ability mostly related to available amps, motor type and specs, and wheel size. "Available amps" covers both controller and battery.

None of which information you have supplied. You may have just bought the wrong motor for your needs. Watt rating tells very little.

Back