Mongoose Dolomite or Elecony Godzilla

Bobby

Local time
3:06 AM
Hello,
I’m deciding between the Mongoose dolomite and the Elecony Godzilla, I’m hoping to get opinions about which bike would make a better Ebike. Both bikes are close enough to the same price, with the Mongoose being more expensive. I have a 1500w hub I plan to attach to the rear paired with a 48v battery. The Elecony has front suspension, which makes me lean towards it more, but the Mongoose has a better reputation in the bike world. The Elecony is also a 17” top tube, which is short, I’d like a 21” I’m 5-10” but all my bmx bikes were 21” top tubes. I attached a link below to both bikes. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Elecony 26/20 Inch Fat Tire Bike Adult/Younth Full Shimano 21/7 Speed Mountain Bike, Dual Disc Brake, High-Carbon Steel Frame, Front Suspension, Mountain Trail Bike, Urban Commuter City Bicycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GVZ7HW...t_i_R0ZC1A03R3NF0KG3FS4R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Mongoose Dolomite Mens Fat Tire Mountain Bike, 26-Inch Wheels, 4-Inch Wide Knobby Tires, 7-Speed, Steel Frame, Front and Rear Brakes, Multiple Colors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2Z1BXI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_27S3YH6Z2DCHV8V8AXSR?psc=1

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would suggest reading through the negative reviews of the Mongoose. This is a cheap sounding bike and many things will break. Mongoose used to be a good brand.

It is quite possible that the Elecony has some problems too, however I can't see any bad reviews about the Elecony. The Elecony has way less reviews overall compared to the Mongoose though. Be prepared to replace some components when they break.

Positives

Elecony
  • Half the price of the Mongoose
  • 21 Speed
  • Front suspension
  • Looks more modern
Mongoose
  • Looks more retro

Negatives (based on Amazon Reviews)

Elecony
  • Couldn't find any.
Mongoose
  • Pedal strips out the thread on the crank arm.
  • Chain breaks after a few minutes of riding.
  • The plastic chain guard can shatter and get caught in the chain.

Personally I'd go with the Elecony. I hope this helps you out a little bit!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That Elecony looks interesting. I did an initial search but I could not find the bottom bracket specs. Do you have that data already?

Back