Modifying an Eunorau 1000W ebike

Nacho

I used to ride Harleys but the old lady say no to that so.......I am looking at purchasing an Eunorau 48V 1000W Fat-HD ebike. I am 6"4" tall and weight 280lbs so I hope this bike is big enough for me, size and power wise. I want to put to put 9" high rise handle bars on it because I need a more comfortable riding position for my back. (I am an old fart). Do you think I will have to put longer cable on it? I also want to switch out the thumb throttle on the left for a grip throttle on the right as well as switch the thumb shifter from the right to the left. Any Ideas?
Nacho from Glendale CA

HumanPerson

Staff member
Do you have a bicycle that you are comfortable on?
You can DIY a Hub drive with a good battery and controller capable of handling 2000W that might do ya good.
Can also DIY a mid drive system on a bike that you are already comfy on.

For the most part all market ebikes have some proprietary components. So DIY could be a good bet since you could change out what ya need if you need to.

Keep us posted about your bike or build :)

Ride Safe :cool:

HP

Nacho

Do you have a bicycle that you are comfortable on?
You can DIY a Hub drive with a good battery and controller capable of handling 2000W that might do ya good.
Can also DIY a mid drive system on a bike that you are already comfy on.

For the most part all market ebikes have some proprietary components. So DIY could be a good bet since you could change out what ya need if you need to.

Keep us posted about your bike or build :)

HP
Thanks. All I have is an old rigid steel bike with rim brakes. Its OK but I don't think it would work as a DIY ebike project.

HumanPerson

Staff member
The DIY's are nuts sometimes my brother. Have you looked at Rad or just want to DIY your own?
You're welcome, Welcome :)

HumanPerson

Staff member

or

Or if you want to go cheap but good and speedy....Voilamart 1500W rear hub drive with a 2000W or better controller and KT display.

HP

Nacho

or

Or if you want to go cheap but good and speedy....Voilamart 1500W rear hub drive with a 2000W or better controller and KT display.

HP
Well the EUNORAU looks pretty good. It's a 1000W mid drive at 160 NM with a shift sensor, seven speed cluster, shimano derailer and 180 Hydraulic brakes for about $2,400 (I have been saving up since I can't get a hog). A shop in Pasadena will switch out the handlebars and put in longer cables if needed as well as tune it up with the new cables. I am looking for 9" high rise bars with a cross bar for mounting a light and other stuff. Maube BMX bars might work. They won't touch the thumb throttle for a grip throttle thought, maybe I can DYI that part. Thanks for the info. Nacho

Chainplate

Nacho-
I'm looking to do the exact same thing. Please let me know how your project turns out and post some photos!

Top Bottom