Modified Mongoose Dolomite

MaplewoodGeek

Local time
8:02 AM
Here is a picture of my highly modified Mongoose Dolomite. The only remaining stock parts are the frame, handlebars, and rear derailleur.

Highlights: Bafang BBSHD 1000w, 52v, 20ah, BB7 brakes with 203mm front and 180mm rear. Upgraded wheels with Origin8 Supercell tires. Oil/spring front suspension fork and suspension seat post.

I use the original Dolomite wheels for my winter/snow tires.

Upgraded Mongoose Dolomite.jpg

NICE! Job!
Looking to build similar on a Dolomite ALX... battery question for you... while I would prefer a down tube mounted battery, there is not enough clearance to do so w/ 52v 20ah, so also looking at a triangle. Down side to me is PIA to take on/off bike and zero security. But that said looking at same battery... has it held up? any issues, would you buy again? Source? Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

When the battery was new, about the 3rd time I turned it on the on/off switch broke. Instead of returning the battery and getting another one they sent me a new switch and I installed it myself.

It is a pain to take the battery on and off. I have to remove the battery to use my regular bike stand. I purchased a small stand that goes under the chain stays to hold the bike upright with the back tire off the ground for chain maintenance and adjustments.

I park in my garage all the time, so the lack of a lock is not much of an issue for me.

I 3D printed a spacer to go between the battery and the seat post. It holds the battery in a better position and provides a space to tuck the extra cables. I'll upload a picture with the spacer.
20210927_173345.jpg

Looks sweet and clean, I converted my MotoBecane FantomPro 26 last year, I also used the BBSHD w/48vdc minishark battery as space was restricted. The battery still last longer than my enthusiasm, and have had a few 20+ mile flow trail and downhill runs. I did add the Magura MT5E brakes, and a 27.5 inch front fork for a "Mullet" ride that still keeps me on the trails.

Attachments

• 20210720_141940.jpg
    20210720_141940.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 241
Here is a picture of my highly modified Mongoose Dolomite. The only remaining stock parts are the frame, handlebars, and rear derailleur.

Highlights: Bafang BBSHD 1000w, 52v, 20ah, BB7 brakes with 203mm front and 180mm rear. Upgraded wheels with Origin8 Supercell tires. Oil/spring front suspension fork and suspension seat post.

I use the original Dolomite wheels for my winter/snow tires.

View attachment 2367
So you put shocks on it? Very cool.

Back