Mike from Florida been an avid cyclist since birth.

hsdrggr

Local time
4:15 AM
Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum. But it’s great from what I see. I’ve ridden all my life. Did some Touring before my injuries caught up to me about 5 years ago. Got into ebikes after back surgery a couple years ago so I could still enjoy the lifestyle.

I’m a retired firefighter, retired race car mechanic, and retired bicycle mechanic. Used to ride dirt bikes in what they call Harescrambles and Enduros.

I’m 60y/o and just got my wife of 39 years to finally ride with me since she got an ebike. Yay!

I have a lot of experience in bicycle repair, and setup. Along with custom work. I build my own battery packs and do custom conversions as a hobby. I worked at 5 different bike shops in my early years but have been involved in the sport all my life, and evolved with the newer technologies. I’m also getting setup with Velotooler to do some local mobile bicycle repair work.

The types of riding I do are: MTB, Touring and Liesure. I’ve have a Bafang BBSHD kit that’s been in the box for 3 years that I need to put on my GT Force 3.0. I just haven’t been too motivated to do Mountain riding since back surgery. But I’m getting in better shape again. So hopefully soon. Hope I don’t break my neck. HaHa

Any retired Brothers in Fl want to ebike ride give me a holler.

Recent bike pic attached.

Attachments

• 66A3E7C6-4B37-4AC5-BC5B-71C32FD3EE0E.jpeg
    66A3E7C6-4B37-4AC5-BC5B-71C32FD3EE0E.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 69BDC564-035C-419D-B651-F7B77D93B124.jpeg
    69BDC564-035C-419D-B651-F7B77D93B124.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 108
Welcome. It sounds like you have a great background. I hope that you will share pictures and details of the Bafang BBSHD build.

I can relate to the back surgeries and lack of motivation at times. I often find that I have to just dive in and then I get into a rhythm of the project. Starting is the hard part for me, but once I begin something, I feel motivated and want to see it through.

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum. But it’s great from what I see. I’ve ridden all my life. Did some Touring before my injuries caught up to me about 5 years ago. Got into ebikes after back surgery a couple years ago so I could still enjoy the lifestyle.

I’m a retired firefighter, retired race car mechanic, and retired bicycle mechanic. Used to ride dirt bikes in what they call Harescrambles and Enduros.

I’m 60y/o and just got my wife of 39 years to finally ride with me since she got an ebike. Yay!

I have a lot of experience in bicycle repair, and setup. Along with custom work. I build my own battery packs and do custom conversions as a hobby. I worked at 5 different bike shops in my early years but have been involved in the sport all my life, and evolved with the newer technologies. I’m also getting setup with Velotooler to do some local mobile bicycle repair work.

The types of riding I do are: MTB, Touring and Liesure. I’ve have a Bafang BBSHD kit that’s been in the box for 3 years that I need to put on my GT Force 3.0. I just haven’t been too motivated to do Mountain riding since back surgery. But I’m getting in better shape again. So hopefully soon. Hope I don’t break my neck. HaHa

Any retired Brothers in Fl want to ebike ride give me a holler.

Recent bike pic attached.
Hello from south florida. Not retired but got back into biking this year and decided I wanted an ebike. Ebikes are rather spending so I bought a rear wheel motor and a big battery pack from Amazon and put it on a specialized step thru bike that I got for free. It's a little rusty ( actually a lot rusty) but the kit gets the bike up to 30mph or so, I'm 250 so that's not bad i must say. I've got about 100 Miles on it so I think it's time to go to the beach ( I'm 20? Miles inland from ft lauderdale beach) its a low budget build. The rear motor rim and battery came to about $500.

Attachments

• 20221030_190653.jpg
    20221030_190653.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 81
Back