Mid drive kit or hub drive kit

brechtk

Local time
7:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I live in a very low population density region and I'm looking for an alternative of using my car to see my family.
I would like to build an e-bike myself. So I am very interested in the E-bike kits out there. The conditions for my project are: 250 watt motor and pedal assistance up to 30-35 km/h. Is it possible to have this assistance out of a 250 watt motor? Can anyone suggest me a kit that meets this conditions?

I don't have a preference for mid or hub drive. What should the power of the battery be to be able to ride at an average of 30 km/h for a distance of A) 30 km B) 60 km and this when the kit is installed on a good aluminium city bike?

Kind regards,

Brecht

Many kits will meet your needs. Just get the proper speed of motor.

Without knowing your weight, total weight the bike will carry, how much and how effectively you will pedal, and extent of hills you deal with, impossible to give an accurate estimate but around 500 watts for A and closing on 1000 watts for B. Volts X amps

...I would like to build an e-bike myself. So I am very interested in the E-bike kits out there... Can anyone suggest me a kit that meets this conditions?

What should the power of the battery be to be able to ride at an average of 30 km/h for a distance of A) 30 km B) 60 km and this when the kit is installed on a good aluminium city bike?
Bafang BBSHD paired with a 52V (58.8V) battery with at least 20 Ah. The bike, the weight, and the terrain are all irrelevant unless you plan on riding the same route exclusively. Build a bike that will do more than you want now, once you start riding you will push the conditions you listed.

Here's what I did: https://ebikesforum.com/threads/my-philosophy-for-building-close-to-the-perfect-etouring-bike.2378/

Ride safe.

its an idea to carry the charger too on smaller batteries. Just charge at your destination and before you set off and that will tell you how much battery you use on the way there and same on way back

Hello, Friend - I've wrestled with the same dichotomy. I try to defer to recognized authorities rather than blowing a fuse. JohnnyNerdOut hits all my buttons.

This video helped me choose one over the other for good reasons rather than hunches:

Here ya go: '

Hub vs. Mid Drive Motors: Why Hub Motors Suck and Debunking Common Myths with performance test'​

Back