Maybe folks like that should not be driving?

"A"

There is a man, driving in my state, he was on 60 minutes, had some sort of neck issue and could not turn his head to the left. He drives his car, and if his wife can not go with him, he just does not look to the left. I got lots of those. Blue hairs, FOPs, they are dangerous and I am actually giving some thought to the pool noodle. Low to the ground moving targets are not safe here.

Maybe folks like that should not be driving?

Nelson37

A high percentage of elderly people, who drive, should not be. When you live in an area where the retirees pay the bills, enforcement mechanisms tend to let a lot of things go.

It is nice to discuss what SHOULD happen, however it is necessary to understand that it often has little to nothing to do with what DOES happen.

"A"

A high percentage of elderly people, who drive, should not be. When you live in an area where the retirees pay the bills, enforcement mechanisms tend to let a lot of things go.

It is nice to discuss what SHOULD happen, however it is necessary to understand that it often has little to nothing to do with what DOES happen.

When car accidents occur, people get injured, killed or property damage due to people driving that shouldn't be; does that really save or cost taxpayer money?

American society don't seem to offer public transportation that are convenient for aging population, especially in states that depend on these 'retirees' for tax income.

Instead, when accidents occur, they rely on private auto insurance / private health insurance to cover the cost of these unnecessary accidents; I guess it's good for the insurance companies.

Nelson37

There are ALWAYS a certain number of people who should not be driving that day, for a wide variety of reasons. There are often good reasons to target certain sections of the population for regulation, however, if they do, the accusations of bias come in. In the case of the retirees, again, yes they pay the bills. They can also go somewhere else.

Because of them, and the tourists, my state has no state income tax. Also those smooth roads, good sidewalks, ramps at every curb.

They are usually going slow, and have fairly gentle fender benders. They will get a talking to, and some suggestions, but come down hard on them, that is not happening.

Not an insurance scam. It is older people who are spending the assets they have worked for over a lifetime, as they choose. Also tourists from all over the world doing some of the same. Tourist taxes, import fees, etc. There is no industry, or major business, there is old people and tourists. Do Not Mess With Them.

"A"

There are ALWAYS a certain number of people who should not be driving that day, for a wide variety of reasons. There are often good reasons to target certain sections of the population for regulation, however, if they do, the accusations of bias come in. In the case of the retirees, again, yes they pay the bills. They can also go somewhere else.

Because of them, and the tourists, my state has no state income tax. Also those smooth roads, good sidewalks, ramps at every curb.

My battalion commander was killed on his bicycle in FL back in 2008.
He was one of the physically fittest man I knew; he was killed by an elderly driver who was not suppose to be driving that hit him from behind at a red light.
Just because there are ALWAYS number of drivers that don't belong, doesn't mean that the priority of some states are not f'ed up.
They are usually going slow, and have fairly gentle fender benders. They will get a talking to, and some suggestions, but come down hard on them, that is not happening.

Not an insurance scam. It is older people who are spending the assets they have worked for over a lifetime, as they choose. Also tourists from all over the world doing some of the same. Tourist taxes, import fees, etc. There is no industry, or major business, there is old people and tourists. Do Not Mess With Them.

Do you know the statistics of motor vehicle accidents in your state?
How many 'fender benders' could have been avoided if there is better public transportation in your state?
If insurance is not a scam, why not return part of the paid premium if you don't use them up in your claims?
Universal healthcare have been implemented for ages in many different countries around the world and yet the wealthiest country in the world can not implement such program for the benefit of its citizens?
This is getting off topic of thread.

Nelson37

No, I do not know the stats.

As to how many could be avoided with "better" public transportation, not many at all, our public transport system is excellent. Many Seniors on it every day. You may not have had the experience of taking a Seniors driving privileges away, this is not a simple thing. My old neighbor and good friend, it broke him, went into a "home" and died within 90 days.

Because that is not what the paid premiums are for. You are paying for SOMEONE ELSE to absorb the Entire Risk. It is not a simple time payment plan. This indicates a major failure to understand how insurance works.

We do not want just an average system for average cost, We want the very best available. Much of the planet comes to this country when the very best care is wanted. In Canada, there is a waiting list for heart transplants. It is decided by money, moreso the lack of it. They can afford only so many per year, so that is how many they do. Regardless of need. Your own ability to produce and save is not a factor. You cannot earn your way to the top of the list.

Yes, it is.

"A"

You need to educate yourself about the reality of American healthcare system vs other countries:
US-healthcare-rank.png

How-Does-The-U.S.-Healthcare-System-Compare-To-Other-Countries-chart-2.jpg

Nelson37

Here I thought you were concerned about going off-topic.

There are honestly very few things I need to educate myself on.

Seen this propaganda before.

None of those countries are anywhere near the size, either in population or geography, that the US is.

Do they have Arctic conditions, as well as dessert, and also sub-tropical, as well as tropical climates?

What about ethnic diversity? Not a whole lot of sickle-cell anemia in Sweden, nor tropical parasites.

The taxes they pay for this "benefit" are crippling to their economies, innovation, productivity. Health Care is NOT a "human right", it is just something else that so many want "somebody else" to pay for.

They ration care, they have to, there is a budget. Many people simply can not get the care they want or need. They go on a waiting list. We have a for-profit system. You earn what you need to have, in order to pay for your care, you can buy it. Many cannot afford what they want or need, welcome to reality. I have not yet purchased my Maserati.

"A"

Here I thought you were concerned about going off-topic.

There are honestly very few things I need to educate myself on.

Seen this propaganda before.

None of those countries are anywhere near the size, either in population or geography, that the US is.

Do they have Arctic conditions, as well as dessert, and also sub-tropical, as well as tropical climates?

What about ethnic diversity? Not a whole lot of sickle-cell anemia in Sweden, nor tropical parasites.

The taxes they pay for this "benefit" are crippling to their economies, innovation, productivity. Health Care is NOT a "human right", it is just something else that so many want "somebody else" to pay for.

They ration care, they have to, there is a budget. Many people simply can not get the care they want or need. They go on a waiting list. We have a for-profit system. You earn what you need to have, in order to pay for your care, you can buy it. Many cannot afford what they want or need, welcome to reality. I have not yet purchased my Maserati.

Keep telling yourself that, how many other countries have you lived, worked and received healthcare from?

Nelson37

Everyone loves a freebie. NO ONE truly benefits from one.

Go on welfare, quit your job, and let other people pay your bills.

It works for some. Not for me.

"A"

Everyone loves a freebie. NO ONE truly benefits from one.

Go on welfare, quit your job, and let other people pay your bills.

It works for some. Not for me.
Universal healthcare is not a freebie.
I'm sure SOMEONE who receive medical care and stayed alive have benefitted from universal healthcare.
The average American paid for private insurance, co-pay, etc, can cover good portion of universal healthcare.
Americans already paying for MediCare/MedicAid in taxes, just not eligible for the coverage until certain age;
our taxes can easily cover for universal healthcare instead of subsidies to oil companies or wealthy people tax breaks.

It's not welfare when you're already paying into it and didn't realize you're getting worse care than other countries.
It's just you don't know what you're paying for in your taxes. That's why US government give you a tax return, instead of a tax bill, to make you think that they worked hard to spend less.

BTW, corporate welfare cost far more than any other welfare program that actually benefit the poor.
Meanwhile, corporations are raking in record profits and paying little in corporate taxes when compared to their subsidies they've received.

==================================

You still haven't answer my previous question:
how many other countries have you lived, worked and received healthcare from?

If you've never been to another country to receive universal healthcare, how do you know it's not for you?
Do you only believe what the politicians or media tell you about universal healthcare?

If your healthcare is tied to your employer, it limits your option where you want to work or even where you want to live. Is that what you call 'freedom'?

Nelson37

Been to several other countries, never needed healthcare while there, close relative emigrated, paid for his care, decent with rules easily bent. No possibility for a foreigner to sue a local doctor.

Most doctors single largest expense is malpractice insurance.

I have extensive experience with the governments system of healthcare. These people should not be running a hot dog stand. Competition is often not pretty, but reliably produces the best results. Equality and equity are not the same thing.

I make my own choices, and take my own responsibility. Outside of immediate family, I will not have others doing that for me or insisting that I do it for them.

Corporate welfare is an often exaggerated term. My home town offered "millions" of corporate welfare, it was claimed. What actually happened, they offered not to take any taxes, for 20 years, on a hunk of land owned by the city, which cost them money to maintain, that nobody had wanted to buy for years, that had less than zero value, without a multi-million dollar factory sitting on it, in return for over 3,000 jobs, equaling almost 10% of the total population in a town with over 25% unemployment for over a year. Not taking something you do not have in return for millions in cash spent in your dying rustbelt town, every year. Corporate Welfare my ass. Ignorant Commie Pinko Dumbass Leftist ideology KILLED my home town. There were a couple suicides when the deal went somewhere else because of the reluctance. I left. As did many, many others.

The less that government is in charge, the better. Personal responsibility.

"A"

Been to several other countries, never needed healthcare while there, close relative emigrated, paid for his care, decent with rules easily bent. No possibility for a foreigner to sue a local doctor.

Most doctors single largest expense is malpractice insurance.

I have extensive experience with the governments system of healthcare. These people should not be running a hot dog stand. Competition is often not pretty, but reliably produces the best results. Equality and equity are not the same thing.

I make my own choices, and take my own responsibility. Outside of immediate family, I will not have others doing that for me or insisting that I do it for them.

Corporate welfare is an often exaggerated term. My home town offered "millions" of corporate welfare, it was claimed. What actually happened, they offered not to take any taxes, for 20 years, on a hunk of land owned by the city, which cost them money to maintain, that nobody had wanted to buy for years, that had less than zero value, without a multi-million dollar factory sitting on it, in return for over 3,000 jobs, equaling almost 10% of the total population in a town with over 25% unemployment for over a year. Not taking something you do not have in return for millions in cash spent in your dying rustbelt town, every year. Corporate Welfare my ass. Ignorant Commie Pinko Dumbass Leftist ideology KILLED my home town. There were a couple suicides when the deal went somewhere else because of the reluctance. I left. As did many, many others.

The less that government is in charge, the better. Personal responsibility.

By your logic, your health is your personal responsibility, why sue the doctors when your body gets ill?
There is no malpractice if doctors do is trying to help you and fail to do so, there is not guarantee in healthcare.

Malpractice insurance is when patients don't take responsibility of their own health and rely on doctor to 'undo' the neglect over years if not decades of underlying conditions.

Please tell me about your 'extensive experience with government system of healthcare', that's only in this country?
In my previous post, I've included link how poorly this country's healthcare system is when compare to others around the world, yet you have never needed healthcare in serval other countries as you stated; how exactly does that give you 'extensive experience with government system of healthcare'?

Who ever told you that you don't get to make your own choices with universal healthcare?

Here's an interesting video about Corporate Welfare:

Less corruption in government the better, hold the government accountable.

Because the wealthy place lawmakers in office to allow tax laws that favor the wealthy.

The wealthy own the media that turn the poor against each other, to criminalize the poor.

If the penalty of breaking a law is a fine, then that law exists only to punish the poor.

Some politicians are just as much to blame for the systematic racism and injustice to the poor.

Anton

Admin
Staff member
These posts were getting a little off topic. I've created a new thread for them here!

Nelson37

Systemic racism is a myth.

BLM was a con game and a fraud.

"Defund the police" is a stupid concept, the reduction of policing very adversely affected the minority community, more so than the whole population.

More unarmed black people are killed, by other black people, in a single weekend, in a single city (Chicago), than the total number of unarmed black people, killed by police, in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, in an ENTIRE YEAR.

In the 75 largest US counties, the population is 14% black, yet blacks account for 45-55% of most types of violent crime. The source of this information is PBS.

Cops hardly ever shoot women. Does this mean that cops are "biased" against men? No, it means that men commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Combine this fact, with the one above, and then compare to the BLM and Defund rhetoric.

Malpractice insurance is for when people sue doctors for negative outcomes. They sometimes do make mistakes, but often, they are being sued simply because they are not actually capable of miracles. Everyone who sees a doctor is paying for these often frivolous and damaging lawsuits.

There have always been, and always will be, poor people. Every system, every society, every governmental type, through all of human history, there have always been poor people. Lots of reasons for this, for the most part, it is due to their own actions and failures. How much the rest of the productive people are willing to support these folks, is, and should be, an individual decision and not up to the popular vote. Most efforts to "help" the poor are counter-productive and just helps create more poor people. Right now, we are paying poor women, who cannot feed their children, MORE money to have MORE children they cannot feed, and to keep the father out of the home. Not a good policy, actually racist in practice.

Poor people do not sign paychecks. This is important to understand.

"A"

Systemic racism is a myth.

BLM was a con game and a fraud.

"Defund the police" is a stupid concept, the reduction of policing very adversely affected the minority community, more so than the whole population.

More unarmed black people are killed, by other black people, in a single weekend, in a single city (Chicago), than the total number of unarmed black people, killed by police, in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, in an ENTIRE YEAR.

Seems clear to me you've never lived among those disenfranchised and witness the reality of America.

When was the last time you've visited or volunteered at a homeless shelter? hospital? public school?
In the 75 largest US counties, the population is 14% black, yet blacks account for 45-55% of most types of violent crime. The source of this information is PBS.

Cops hardly ever shoot women. Does this mean that cops are "biased" against men? No, it means that men commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Combine this fact, with the one above, and then compare to the BLM and Defund rhetoric.

Malpractice insurance is for when people sue doctors for negative outcomes. They sometimes do make mistakes, but often, they are being sued simply because they are not actually capable of miracles. Everyone who sees a doctor is paying for these often frivolous and damaging lawsuits.

There have always been, and always will be, poor people. Every system, every society, every governmental type, through all of human history, there have always been poor people. Lots of reasons for this, for the most part, it is due to their own actions and failures. How much the rest of the productive people are willing to support these folks, is, and should be, an individual decision and not up to the popular vote. Most efforts to "help" the poor are counter-productive and just helps create more poor people. Right now, we are paying poor women, who cannot feed their children, MORE money to have MORE children they cannot feed, and to keep the father out of the home. Not a good policy, actually racist in practice.

Poor people do not sign paychecks. This is important to understand.

Provide your sources with the specific links for each claims that you made above?

Actually, poor people still have to sign the back of their paychecks to cash them.

Nelson37

So, the validity of the data depends upon the depth of my virtue signalling, eh?

I am uninterested in having a "holier-than-thou" contest.

What is clear to you, is mostly Bullcrap.

Enjoy your imaginary Marxist Utopia, it ain't happening here, it will never happen anywhere, it does not work, never has, and never will. The Wokerati are about to be put back to sleep.

"A"

So, the validity of the data depends upon the depth of my virtue signalling, eh?

I am uninterested in having a "holier-than-thou" contest.

What is clear to you, is mostly Bullcrap.

Enjoy your imaginary Marxist Utopia, it ain't happening here, it will never happen anywhere, it does not work, never has, and never will. The Wokerati are about to be put back to sleep.

Validity of the claims you made depends on the sources of the data.

So far, you have provided zero sources nor evidence to support your claims, nor are you able to answer any of my questions in previous posts.

I enjoy talking to the folks I meet in homeless shelters, I've been there and I've eaten from garbage cans.
If I'm in a position to be able to offer my time or give what I can to those less fortunate; I do it in person and make sure I hear their stories.
I help as many as I can to get back on their own.
If that's 'Marxist Utopia' to you, then you don't know what it means to be an American.

Nelson37

Since we are playing that game, I have been lower than that.

You are incorrect, I provided at least one source and I have answered several of your questions.

And NO, the validity is NOT dependent on SOURCE, it is dependent on ACCURACY. You betray yourself.

I gave you the source for the county data, PBS. Specifically, the McGloughlin report, the younger English guy. Been repeated many, many times , on many different media, and is never challenged by the even the most ardent leftist. Which means that the data is unassailable. The others, Gov reports, DOJ, easily available stats. The Chicago weekend murder stats are on the nightly news on a regular basis. Maybe these are "mostly peaceful" killings? The regulations for AFDC payments regarding fathers in the home are well known, should be common knowledge, and easily available. Get your head out of the propaganda mill and look it up yourself.

Let's try this, you pick one fact I gave that you are CERTAIN is not correct. Any one you want. I'll take the time to dig up the verification.

You want to Help people. Great. The "help" that is being implemented is not getting it done. More black children are growing up without a father in the home than at any time in recorded history. Records are not complete for the time period, but many claim it is worse than during slavery. At best, the "help" you are so pleased with is DESTROYING the minority community. As I often say about many leftist policies, "that is something a racist would do".

Tell ya a little story. Little while ago, riding the bus, I met a Wizard. Full robe, pointy hat, staff with an orb, amulets, the whole nine yards. People addressed him as "Wizard". Not Mr. Wizard, just "Wizard". Popular guy. 20 years riding the bus, in the deep South, close to where it is said the word "cracker" originated, only wizard I ever encountered. Just the one. I mention this because, here in the deep South, that ONE Wizard, that is the same number of actual racists I have encountered. ONE. No one spoke to him, no one agreed, he was ignored. They are NOT behind every tree and around every corner. No conspiracy, no major problem, especially compared to the streets of Chicago, or many other cities. A myth.

"A"

Since we are playing that game, I have been lower than that.

Maybe it's a game to you, but I live in reality, not in some game.
You are incorrect, I provided at least one source and I have answered several of your questions.
You fail to answer these following questions:

If you've never been to another country to receive universal healthcare, how do you know it's not for you?

Do you only believe what the politicians or media tell you about universal healthcare?

Please tell me about your 'extensive experience with government system of healthcare', that's only in this country?
In my previous post, I've included link how poorly this country's healthcare system is when compare to others around the world, yet you have never needed healthcare in serval other countries as you stated; how exactly does that give you 'extensive experience with government system of healthcare'?

Who ever told you that you don't get to make your own choices with universal healthcare?

Your health is your personal responsibility, why sue the doctors when your body gets ill?

When was the last time you've visited or volunteered at a homeless shelter? hospital? public school?

And NO, the validity is NOT dependent on SOURCE, it is dependent on ACCURACY. You betray yourself.

I gave you the source for the county data, PBS. Specifically, the McGloughlin report, the younger English guy. Been repeated many, many times , on many different media, and is never challenged by the even the most ardent leftist. Which means that the data is unassailable. The others, Gov reports, DOJ, easily available stats. The Chicago weekend murder stats are on the nightly news on a regular basis. Maybe these are "mostly peaceful" killings? The regulations for AFDC payments regarding fathers in the home are well known, should be common knowledge, and easily available. Get your head out of the propaganda mill and look it up yourself.

Just naming a source like PBS without a specific link, is not providing data, it's just BS.
Data has to link to specific claims that you make, as data, as evidence to support your claim.

Let's try this, you pick one fact I gave that you are CERTAIN is not correct. Any one you want. I'll take the time to dig up the verification.

Go ahead show how you are correct to have made claims below:

1. Systemic racism is a myth.

2. BLM was a con game and a fraud.

3. "Defund the police" is a stupid concept, the reduction of policing very adversely affected the minority community, more so than the whole population.

4. More unarmed black people are killed, by other black people, in a single weekend, in a single city (Chicago), than the total number of unarmed black people, killed by police, in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, in an ENTIRE YEAR.

5. In the 75 largest US counties, the population is 14% black, yet blacks account for 45-55% of most types of violent crime.

Provide your sources with the specific links for each claims that you made above?

You want to Help people. Great. The "help" that is being implemented is not getting it done. More black children are growing up without a father in the home than at any time in recorded history. Records are not complete for the time period, but many claim it is worse than during slavery. At best, the "help" you are so pleased with is DESTROYING the minority community. As I often say about many leftist policies, "that is something a racist would do".

Honestly, how many times have you help someone in a homeless shelter?

Have you ever sit next to a homeless person and talk to them for more than 5 minutes?

Clearly, what you say is need to be based on experience.

Tell ya a little story. Little while ago, riding the bus, I met a Wizard. Full robe, pointy hat, staff with an orb, amulets, the whole nine yards. People addressed him as "Wizard". Not Mr. Wizard, just "Wizard". Popular guy. 20 years riding the bus, in the deep South, close to where it is said the word "cracker" originated, only wizard I ever encountered. Just the one. I mention this because, here in the deep South, that ONE Wizard, that is the same number of actual racists I have encountered. ONE. No one spoke to him, no one agreed, he was ignored. They are NOT behind every tree and around every corner. No conspiracy, no major problem, especially compared to the streets of Chicago, or many other cities. A myth.

Your story is just a myth. Only you have encountered one Wizard on the bus, doesn't mean that black folks have not been killed by 'wizards'.

Top Bottom