Mastermind TCU 2 - Turbo Levo Comp Alloy

Bajetrini

Local time
5:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Turbo Levo Comp Alloy and I would like to change out the TCU power switch to the Mastermind TCU 2 the new one that you can see a display with you speed and millage on it.
I cant find it anywhere to purchase one, can anyone point me in the direction where I can purchase one from?

Thanks
Bajetrini

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Turbo Levo Comp Alloy and I would like to change out the TCU power switch to the Mastermind TCU 2 the new one that you can see a display with you speed and millage on it.
I cant find it anywhere to purchase one, can anyone point me in the direction where I can purchase one from?

Thanks
Bajetrini
I would talk to the dealer that sold you the bike. They should know whether that is possible or not.

Hello everyone,

Thanks
Bajetrini
tell me what your bike parameter & what the display shows.i can help you.

Hey Bajetrini, just go back to where you bought the bike and ask the service guy to lookup the part. #S216800020.
I was able to purchase directly from my local bike shop where I bought (and service) my Turbo Levo Comp Alloy for $250 USD

Hey Bajetrini, just go back to where you bought the bike and ask the service guy to lookup the part. #S216800020.
I was able to purchase directly from my local bike shop where I bought (and service) my Turbo Levo Comp Alloy for $250 USD
Have you had any issues with the mastermind on your comp alloy? I just bought the same bike one and want to upgrade to the mastermind. But when I called specialized to ask about compatibility, they told me they are aware people have tried it, but they said future updates could brick the bike.

It's like a car controller on any modern vehicle. The bike shop needs to install it, then program the bike to recognize it. Then you're good to go.

I have not upgraded mine yet, still waiting on other parts to arrive

It's like a car controller on any modern vehicle. The bike shop needs to install it, then program the bike to recognize it. Then you're good to go.

I have not upgraded mine yet, still waiting on other parts to arrive
Any updates? Is it working?

short answer: No... According to Specialized, it should work. that's what they have been telling their dealers. The specialized tech said they are investigating the issue and requested that we not try to update again until they have a fix ready to download. We had installed the newTCU and it was recognized by the bike. But when we tried to program the bike, the attempts fail and the motor is bricked until you go back to the original TCU. The bike shop could easily fix the bricked motor.

short answer: No... According to Specialized, it should work. that's what they have been telling their dealers. The specialized tech said they are investigating the issue and requested that we not try to update again until they have a fix ready to download. We had installed the newTCU and it was recognized by the bike. But when we tried to program the bike, the attempts fail and the motor is bricked until you go back to the original TCU. The bike shop could easily fix the bricked motor.
was there a update on this? I found a dealer that will sell me the TCU for $170

it was on ebay but they wanted $75 to program a new serial number on it

Hello everyone,

Thanks
Bajetrini
Not compatible but you probably know that by now.

Back