Marin Gestalt X10 for an E-bike commuter

Photobug

Local time
10:49 AM
I am looking to make an ebike out of a Cyc Stealth motor. I have the motor on order and going to build a bike for my wife in a step through comfort bike configuration. The shop I am visiting has a used Marin Gestalt X10 for sale and thinking of buying it for my eventual E-bike build. I would likely use it to just ride this summer then add the motor for RV traveling in the fall. Would this bike
https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/2022-gestalt-x10

Be a good choice for a first gravel bike and a transport from our RV. Our plan is to be at a campsite and looking for a set of e-bikes to get into dinner without working up a sweat. My concern is this frame up to the task of handing a motor and my 210 lb self?

I haven't heard of the Cyc Stealth motor, it looks to be a 1500W mid drive motor from what I could see online. Even so it's an alloy frame, I think it will handle a mid drive kit no problems. The question is, will it fit in the bottom bracket?

A Cyclone Stealth and a "step-thru Comfort Bike" just do not go together. Kinda like a Maserati towing a boat.

Back