Making an Aventon Aventure “my own”

FastEddieB

Local time
1:06 AM
I recently bought a used Aventure from a seller nearby in E TN. It had been ridden regularly and had 900 miles on it.

52380375102_b5cd6437fb_z.jpg

Everything was pretty much in order, but the rear brake was inop, the front fender was off because it was bent and the rear tire was quite worn down. The seller had bought a brake bleeding kit but had not gotten around to using it.

Anyway, the brakes are now bled and new pads installed. I removed the rear fender as I plan on mostly road riding in fair weather. I also removed the rear rack after banging my right shin on it - hard - when dismounting. Twice! OUCH!!!

52380374337_041ca3c11d_z.jpg

You can also see I replaced the tires with Origin8’s and the tubes with presta tubes. And installed a Specialized saddle that fit me well from another bike.

I also lowered the bars as much as possible, and installed bar ends to give me more hand positions. I’m used to a road bike - a Cannondale Synapse - and my back and bottom do much better with a bit of a forward lean.

52380374272_a5f7c04beb_z.jpg

52381734895_9d50c9a126_z.jpg

For now, using a RAM-style clamp to hold my iPhone in its Quad-Lock mount.

Anyway, done for now and the bike fits me a lot better. Still mostly ride my Cannondale when solo fitness riding, and the Aventure when riding with the wife and/or friends who all have ebikes.

Very nice. I have a serious love/hate relationship with getting a bike fitted and outfitted for me but when things are finally set right it's a happy feeling!

Do you have any kind of link for those tires? They are exactly what I'm looking for to replace my offroad fatties when they finally wear down.

Very nice.…Do you have any kind of link for those tires? They are exactly what I'm looking for to replace my offroad fatties when they finally wear down.
Thanks. And here you go:

52352573493_a7490d5e3a_z.jpg

I got the 30 tpi wire bead model. They have a folding version at 120 tpi but I’ve been led to believe the 30 tpi models are more durable.

Back