Magicycle Deer or Serial1 Speed

Zachary2K

Local time
9:00 AM
My car was recently wrecked. Some jackass ran into me.
Anyway i live in dc and work downtown. i usually take the metro and use the bird scooters.

I have my mind set on two bikes because they look very cool. the harley i like because no wires or anything and it's a harley so i would think it would be easy to get service if ever needed.

The magic i just found out about today but the specs are amazing.....
I know with the harley i can get solid tires put on easily. unsure with the magic since it's fat tires.

Anyway need advice on these two bikes. Will take the place of my car which is wrecked now.

My car was recently wrecked. Some jackass ran into me.
Anyway i live in dc and work downtown. i usually take the metro and use the bird scooters.

I have my mind set on two bikes because they look very cool. the harley i like because no wires or anything and it's a harley so i would think it would be easy to get service if ever needed.

The magic i just found out about today but the specs are amazing.....
I know with the harley i can get solid tires put on easily. unsure with the magic since it's fat tires.

Anyway need advice on these two bikes. Will take the place of my car which is wrecked now.
I would avoid the "Harley" offering for two reasons, they are way too costly for the level of compoenetry, and Harley has no experience in the marketplace and has already moved these bikes aways from their Dealerships which speaks loudly to me they have little to no confidence in the product.

Just my two cents from someone that worked for Harley dealerships for years in management capacity.

I dunno, I think I'd keep doing what you're doing and take the insurance payout to replace your car...

The two bikes are totally incomparable, as in they are build for a totally different purposes. The Harley bikes are comparable to other commuter-style bikes such as the Aventon Level.2. Without a throttle or front suspension, we have had a hard time moving the Serial1 bikes. We have four brand new ones that we will sell at wholesale cost.

I own the Serial 1 Speed. I love the belt drive for low maintenance. It's a solid bike with no shifting. Some people prefer that. It is very quiet and has great brakes. Mine is also a beautiful, metalic blue color and has very bright lights. No shifting also means that it is great for stop and go riding. However, if you get the ABUS folding lock that fits in the locking compartment, you'll have to pay about $200. I haven't been able to find a mirror that will work with it because the cables that you don't see on the outside are packed into the handlebars. That means that there is no room for a mirror that attaches to the inside of the handlebars. It doesn't come with a place to attach a bottle cage, and it's not comfortable for me if I have to ride more than about two miles one way. At $5,600, they are very expensive. I bought mine last November when they were on sale for $4,100. All in all, I'm not looking to sell mine because it fits my needs in certain situations.

Back