• Hello new members! Please sign up using Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or an Email Address! We are the friendliest electric bike group on the internet. All ebikers are welcome here, any riding style and any age!

Luna BBS02

fos'l

My wife confiscated my BBS02 hardtail which has a 52V, 10 a-h battery, so I constructed a similar bike in order to ride with her. Already had a mid-80's Schwinn High Sierra frame (back yard reclamation) and the other parts for assembly including a $400 Luna BBS02. To make a long story short, I installed a solid axle on the rear Shimano hub since the bike was planned as a rigid single speed; the horizontal dropouts on the frame facilitated this. It's assembled and with a 52V, 6a-h battery seems to "run like a rabbit". Extended ride and pictures planned for tomorrow when I'll have some numbers on range and speed.

gumba

I’ve built 4 bbshd bikes, 2 for me, and 2 for my wife. Best bang for the buck, and you can move it from bike to bike.

fos'l

Will await frame availability for the Bafang Ultra for my next two; then we can explore some more remote areas. Probably need moped license and insurance, but haven't researched it yet.

geckocycles

Can't wait to get my Ultra here. Finally something for a frame builder without needing to order hundreds of units. Let the designs begin.