Lost credit

Garyr

Local time
5:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has purchased an ebike from a company that advertised several hundred dollars of free accessories but when you order accessories and some of the items are out of stock and you order the in stock items you lose the half of the credit. Is this common practice or false advertising? Nothing was stated saying that the credit needed to be all used in one order. Thanks

I've seen that on Alibaba...bait the potential customer with freebies then BOOM!! They got yur nym and card deets.....

If you can possibly get a person on the phone and not just communicate through messages I find that to always be the better option.
I haven't had your particular problem myself, but I've dealt with other incompetent sales reps. If you can actually speak to a person on the phone it's usually a lot easier to make them understand and get the issue resolved.

I think you are right. I will give them call. I purchased one of their bikes this spring and have 2300 miles on it and have recommended their bikes to a lot of people. Then recommend it to a close friend who purchased the same bike and ran into this issue and now I feel bad about it. I will give it a try. Thanks

If you can possibly get a person on the phone and not just communicate through messages I find that to always be the better option.
I haven't had your particular problem myself, but I've dealt with other incompetent sales reps. If you can actually speak to a person on the phone it's usually a lot easier to make them understand and get the issue resolved.
That is not generally possible because most of the current crop of e bikes come from China. If the company has a US based address it usually just a warehouse with a few people doing the shipping.

I think you are right. I will give them call. I purchased one of their bikes this spring and have 2300 miles on it and have recommended their bikes to a lot of people. Then recommend it to a close friend who purchased the same bike and ran into this issue and now I feel bad about it. I will give it a try. Thanks
How about letting all know what company it is so maybe someone else can avoid the same issues you and your friend have had.

That is not generally possible because most of the current crop of e bikes come from China. If the company has a US based address it usually just a warehouse with a few people doing the shipping.
Well if it's through Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay, or whatever they'll back up their sales. Many companies, even the smaller ones, that we buy ebikes from in the US have an import headquarters here in the US that will stand behind their products to some extent. I don't know many people going to Chinese websites and buying directly from China. There should be someone who can be reached on the phone who is English speaking.

Well if it's through Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay, or whatever they'll back up their sales. Many companies, even the smaller ones, that we buy ebikes from in the US have an import headquarters here in the US that will stand behind their products to some extent. I don't know many people going to Chinese websites and buying directly from China. There should be someone who can be reached on the phone who is English speaking.
Good luck with that. That has not been my experience.

Exactly. I called Rattan daily for almost 3 months and it was one guy in a warehouse who just relayed the messages to China where they promptly ignored them

I've purchased over a dozen ebikes from China directly, through Alibaba & AliEx; never bother with free accessories with ebike purchases.

I just want to give an update on the lost credit. Didn’t have any luck calling but did connect with an attendant through the company chat line. The person I reached asked what I needed help with. I explained the situation and the purchase of a bike with the advertised $200 free accessories. She found the purchase we made of the bike and accessories and said She would check with her team. It took a few days and we were contacted and were given a code to use for the balance of the credit. I just want to say persistence pays off as was mentioned by fellow members. Sometimes you just have to reach the right person. I want to give Aventon credit also for building a quality bike and holding to their word. Thanks

Good for you! Rattan is, hopefully, in the process of sending me a new battery & display. I say "hopefully" because, even though I have the email, it seems contingent upon me editing all of my negative reviews and posts. If I ever do get a tracking # I will update them but I refuse to edit the truth. Regardless,the email supplies me with more ammo to add to my cc claim.
Persistence is definitely the key ime. I imagine they did a cost benefit analysis and decided it would be cheaper to appease me when they realized I had posted on every ebike forum I could find. I've literally spent, at least, a 40 hour work week bashing them online and had tons of emails, texts, and screenshots to prove what I was saying.
I will update my posts here when/if they make things right

Back