Looking to buy e hunting bike

cookstation68

Local time
1:35 PM
Hello, I am a older avid hunter. I am looking to purchase buy a E bike to help me with my hunting. I am a bowhunter and also a rifle hunter, here in missouri. I hunt farmland and also in the Missouri Ozarks. I have been researching quite a few E bikes from companies like Quiet Kat, Rambo, Backcou, and a few others. I need a bike that can haul gear animals that I have taken and just to get to and from my hunting stands areas that I hunt. I would like to hear from other people, hunters what kind of E bike they prefer. I know this is a pretty general question but there is so much information out there to consider. Just looking for a little advice to help me choose the right bike. Because they are not cheap. Thanks to everyone. Dan

I’ve built two that I used successfully hunting here in FL. First was a simple conversion front hub 250w that I used for several years. Decided to build a fat tire mid drive and am loving it in the woods. You can customize it when building your own, not to mention saving a lot of $

Attachments

• B7C4A5BA-78A1-450F-AD31-F0A9B3825078.jpeg
    B7C4A5BA-78A1-450F-AD31-F0A9B3825078.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 113
Hello, I am a older avid hunter. I am looking to purchase buy a E bike to help me with my hunting. I am a bowhunter and also a rifle hunter, here in missouri. I hunt farmland and also in the Missouri Ozarks. I have been researching quite a few E bikes from companies like Quiet Kat, Rambo, Backcou, and a few others. I need a bike that can haul gear animals that I have taken and just to get to and from my hunting stands areas that I hunt. I would like to hear from other people, hunters what kind of E bike they prefer. I know this is a pretty general question but there is so much information out there to consider. Just looking for a little advice to help me choose the right bike. Because they are not cheap. Thanks to everyone. Dan
I have a contact that sells the Bacou brand. Specifically designed for back country hunting. He is in Clayton New York but can order and drop ship to your house If you’re interested. he stores and takes care of my boat and jet skis. Top shelf straight shooter. Boathouse Marine, James is the owner 315.486.5317 might be able to help.

I don't hunt but 2 of my friends use them. One has a Magic cycle cruiser pro and the other an Ariel Grizzly. The prices vary quite a bit but both love them. I was surprised the cruiser was suitable for hunting but he hauls a wagon into very hilly Colorado areas. I have ridden the Ariel but not off road

cookstation68

I use and hunt with a Bikonit MD 750, called a Wart Hog,
it has dual batteries, fat tires and is a HD off Road ebike, I ride all the Cow/wild horse trails, dry sandy creek beds etc I can find, scouting for game etc, this is a heavy duty ebike @ 70#'s plus the extra gear/tools needed for repair, I am just under 100#'s loaded and ready to go.

Here in Nevada there is a draw system, so every couple years I draw tags for some big game. I have had this WH just over a year and I am completely happy with it, as stated above, with dual batteries and a Bafang Middrive motor, I haven't found anyplace I don't want to go to,
waiting for some snow to do more testing.

Researching into a single wheel trailer for packing in a simple camp gear and packing out game etc.
You might want to look at the spec's and compare other hunting E Bikes.
HTH's
Don

I want to thank everyone for their advice. I did my research and ended up getting a Rungu Dualie Rubicon Trail Edition. Now I am just waiting for Missouri turkey season this April. I have been riding it and love it lots of power dual batteries saddle bags 9 speeds. I nicknamed it The Beast. Thanks to everyone. Ride Safe Hunt safe.

I wonder about towing with a 750watt rear hub motor .Off road my bike with just me is not enough power to suit me so I bought a dual 1000 watt that's supposed to put out 3750 watts.It seem alot better but I have not towed

I live in Oregon and hunt elk in the back country. I was at a reputable bike shop 2 days ago and asked them about the rambo and quiet kat bikes. They said they are junk. Take that for what it's worth. I just bought a rad runner 2 and trailer for hunting. taking it shed hunting as soon as the snow is gone. Have only rode it 25 miles so far. So far so good. I'll let you know how it does on the logging roads here. Make sure you get a bike with a good battery. Put slime in the tires to keep from getting flats. Prevention should be your first concern. If you have steep hills, then maybe a bike with rear and front motors. I lived and grew up in Missouri, around blue springs MO. so a bike with good torque is what you'll need.
Hope this helps a little.

I live in Oregon and hunt elk in the back country. I was at a reputable bike shop 2 days ago and asked them about the rambo and quiet kat bikes. They said they are junk. Take that for what it's worth. I just bought a rad runner 2 and trailer for hunting. taking it shed hunting as soon as the snow is gone. Have only rode it 25 miles so far. So far so good. I'll let you know how it does on the logging roads here. Make sure you get a bike with a good battery. Put slime in the tires to keep from getting flats. Prevention should be your first concern. If you have steep hills, then maybe a bike with rear and front motors. I lived and grew up in Missouri, around blue springs MO. so a bike with good torque is what you'll need.
Hope this helps a

I don't think a 750 watt motor would pull the bike with an elk in the trailer . My wife has a rad bike and it has trouble on a slight incline with me at 250 pounds.And I read that rad bikes are 500 watt.750 is max.i have not had great luck with slime so I use Flat Out.It fills a 1/4 inch hole. I just got a ariel rider grizzly, lots of power 2- 1000 watt motors 2000 total and capable of 3750 watts & 35 amp hour ,2 batteries.It moves me up hills in southern Oregon really good. And the dual suspension is great for my back.Good luck hunting

I don't think a 750 watt motor would pull the bike with an elk in the trailer . My wife has a rad bike and it has trouble on a slight incline with me at 250 pounds.And I read that rad bikes are 500 watt.750 is max.i have not had great luck with slime so I use Flat Out.It fills a 1/4 inch hole. I just got a ariel rider grizzly, lots of power 2- 1000 watt motors 2000 total and capable of 3750 watts & 35 amp hour ,2 batteries.It moves me up hills in southern Oregon really good. And the dual suspension is great for my back.Good luck hunting
So you live in southern Oregon? I'm in that area at least once a year getting obsidian .An average sized boned-out elk weighs 200-250. My rad runner pulls that easily. I haven't found a hill that it doesn't go up. Haven't had it on a logging road yet. It has a 750w motor. I'll have to look into flat-out. Is it like slime? what stores carry it, or do you have to buy it online??

I am setting up a bike for work and occasionally use during the season.

My research sent me to hard core e cycles. He has two all wheel drive models . A 17.5 that has two great driven hubs and a 60 volt 20 amp battery

A mountian tamer model. It’s got the 1000 w mid drive altar bafag and 750 gear drive hub up front.

He uses the 17.5 and told me it would do what I needed.

I had test rode mid drive specialized and the anvonti adventure. Both are single motor bikes.

The mid drive was stronger because it drives from the main gear . It did not have a throttle!!!! Most mid drives do not.

The adventure had a throttle but seemed under powered.

I went ahead ordered the 17.5 but called back the next morning and changed the order to the more expensive mid drive mountain tamer. The bike arrived in 4 days . Steve the owner is an older deer hunting addict. He knows what you need! He will talk to you on the advantages of mid drive vs two hubs.

I have two rides on the bike. My first ride started with a 40% charge , I ran it down to 10% . At 10% I noticed a slight loss in power. Yesterday I put in 26 miles still had a range of 16miles. This is flat ground on mostly black top. With peddle assist in eco I could keep 16 to 18 mph going into a hard wind. 20 going down wind . Throttle is governed at 27.9mph eco mode has a cap of 750 watts making it street legal.

Sport mod takes the limits off of assist but keeps you at a max speed of 27.9. With peddle assist it is set up at max speed to reduce assist as you reach max speed.

I will be working in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The assist at eco mode 1 has me running 16 mph . To fast for that environment, it some times takes off to strong in any other mode . The good news is you can down load a free app buy a 20 buck cable and custom tune the controller to fit your needs and unlease type beast if you want more power. I will be doing that today.

My buying experience at hardcore was 5 star. I enjoyed talking to Steve. I am a 70 year old cancer survivor. I needed to get this right the first time.

The bike has amazing power and runs up the steepest Mississippi River levee behind the house with out peddle assist. I am 230 lbs . Not as agile as I was. There is a learning curve to learning to operate one of these bikes. You have to learn to anticipate the assist kicking in when you start. This bike produces 160 nm of torque. Almost twice what most bikes do. You won’t be disappointed with this bike .

Tell Steve JD recommend them., I don’t get a commission, it’s my way of showing appreciation for the time he took with me

I have bakcou mule , 1000 watt with single wheel trailer . Takes some practice with a heavy load ! But has the power to haul heavy load .

You might want to look into UBCO utility bikes, ( ubco.com ) they make some decent AWD bikes that look built pretty solid for offroad jobs.

Back