Looking for reputable dealers selling ebike batteries with good cells

medicjim

Local time
10:42 AM
Has anyone found a dealer that flat out states they have an ebike battery made from Panasonic, Samsung, LG cells... with quality connections, and the price is not in outer space? I'd like to buy a 48V battery around 15-20AH... it's brutal out there trying to find quality without 3x cost.

A package deal with a good charger would probably be too much to ask, but hoping someone has found a fair deal out there and is willing to share a 'good vendor' reference

Fthpower.com This S.Cal company is the best place on the Westcoast for battery rebuild or new sales. They use only Samsung, Panasonic or Lg parts. To rebuild is about half the cost of new and when my 48 volt Chinese battery fails Im going there. They send you the shipping kit and make it easy to get it done. Check them out.

Has anyone found a dealer that flat out states they have an ebike battery made from Panasonic, Samsung, LG cells... with quality connections, and the price is not in outer space? I'd like to buy a 48V battery around 15-20AH... it's brutal out there trying to find quality without 3x cost.

A package deal with a good charger would probably be too much to ask, but hoping someone has found a fair deal out there and is willing to share a 'good vendor' reference
In Hawaii I ordered a battery 3 weeks ago paying $300 down, half of total $600 for a lowest powered Tern proprietary battery from the Tern dealer where I bought the bike 4 years ago. Lithium battery comes from the East Coast Tern Distributor, 5,000 miles by truck and ship. The current battery lasts 3 miles of mostly Level 1 & 2 of 3 riding. Mechanic said, most last 2 years full power while controllers last 3 years. I suggest you change these on your tickler before they start failing, like your car battery in 3-5 years. Controllers cost $300 including labor, because they are proprietary. No way the dealer pitches this with the sales pitch. $900 by 3 years or buy a new ebike, trash the "old" ebike. Amortize these new average ebike costs per year against average annual costs of your car's ownership.

Have you tried to contact these people?
Brought home a Tern battery yesterday 2/12/22 after ordering a month ago thru Tern dealer for $600. It's completely dead after charging five hours, no lights. Decided to get a refund and continue to nurse my original spent four mile Tern battery until it dies and decide to discard the bike, not buy a new one or buy a new one at the same dealer. My eye is on Aventon Sinch for about $1,900, a lesser bike than my Tern eLink D7i.

So, I've resigned to discard it and buy a new bike every two to three years, when controllers and batteries die. Controllers $300 and batteries $600. I use my bike for daily shopping first, a four mile trip. Keeping it programmed properly is an ongoing problem of glitchyness, having to load and take it to the dealer, a $60 invoice each time.

So, an ebike is a whole new world beyond just riding. I cant change my own rear tire. My backup is a cheap Mongoose I have to walk uphill and down shift all the time.

we are lithium ion batteries manufacturer in China, pls reach me by karis@mail.veken.com if you want to buy batteries.

Batteryhookup.com. average $.50~1.50 per 18650... 21650... a bit more for 26650 & 27650s. Also, flat packs, prismatics, & Headways(insert Tim Allen big-block engine sound!)
I just moved from Oregon to W.Va. & my Reention 48v is still out there.. 2 weeks ago I got 2 52cell 13s 4p 18650 packs for $25 each.
No bms, but it's wired for one (which I don't have yet) I used a 36in. length of high capacity 12Guage multi-strand I stripped out of a dead power tool, a Reention-to-bike connector from a spare battery pack (dead), 2 10guage washer-like connectors - soldered solidly, shrink wrap of course.. And an XP60 pair of connectors so I can connect the Reention plug to the bike- then connect the battery to the cable.
Worked like a charm!
I wouldn't want to cycle the pack too many times before balancing... But... $25!!
It doesn't fit in the down tube... That's why I have a rear rack & a box.
Next week, 2 more are coming with a 13s 30A bms ($25) Total shipped - $88.
These packs were for some medical equipment, but weren't used... sitting in a warehouse for 2yrs. Regulations wouldn't let them be used after that... The pack had 51v when I got it.
The 2nd pack I took apart, I've discharged/ recharged each cell & resistance was in mid mΩ50's!
If you need step by step Li-ion Lifepo etc tutorials go to Cellsaviors.com.

Back