Looking for opinions on Ecotric ebikes

Tucker076

Local time
10:32 AM
Hi, I'm new to the Forum, and looking for suggestions on the purchase of a Ebike for recreational use to include main and occasional off road use my budget is a @ $1200, what little research I have done the Ecotric line seems interesting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum, and looking for suggestions on the purchase of a Ebike for recreational use to include main and occasional off road use my budget is a @ $1200, what little research I have done the Ecotric line seems interesting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I purchased 2-Ecotric Rockets for my wife and I and we have enjoyed thus far.

I bought a Seagull 2 months ago and I'm very impressed by it. My 3rd ebike in 6 years. The 1000 watt motor and 43 amp battery makes it go up a steep hill at 20mph with no pedaling. 30 miles on a charge without pedaling. And many other features. Total with rear rack and fenders and free shipping was $1285. Great deal.

i bought a seagull last year. have almost 1000 miles now. no complaints on the bike itself. great solid frame, good strong clean welds, more than enough power or speed for trails, city commutes, hills are no problem. i added a couple things like rear rack, 58 tooth chainring w/new crank arms, seatpost suspension (the sr suntour parallellogram) dampens out bumps, new cushy seat, handlebar extension of 120mm. after adjusting for no speed limit thru the controller software via the panel the bike can go up to 28mph on flat roads instead of 20mph. the new chainring is the main reason for the speed increase as it changes the gear ratio so you get a top speed of 25-28mph. have not had a flat tire in all those miles and i ride over glass and sharp rocks, stones all the time. i weigh about 150 and i get roughly 25-30 miles of range per charge

Back