Looking for a new faster bike.

Devildoc

Local time
3:41 AM
I currently have a Philodo H8. I love the bike for the most part. However I don’t like max speed of 35mph. I use the bike as my daily commuter for work. I have to speed most of the ride in traffic and would feel safer if I could keep up with traffic. Fastest posted speed is 45mph. I’m looking for options.

Get ready to hear a bunch of crybaby's whining about how fast eBikes are the bane of mankind, and you need a motorcycle.
Before I ever owned an eBike I already came to the same conclusion you have, that it's dangerous to ride on the street if you can't keep up with traffic. Luckily there's a lot more choices now days than there were in 2013 when I bought my first eBike.
Here's a link to some bikes you can consider.

This is my commuter. 2013 Stealth Bomber
Electronaut 2024.jpg

Currently, the three high speed bikes with the most "media attention" are the Motor Goat v3, Wired Freedom, and the eCells bikes.
They are all 40+ MPH eBikes.

I ended up getting the Motor Goat v3 myself.
All are reasonable contenders.

Motor Goat v3 depicted below.
It does have rear foot pegs, but you would have to be young, thin, and close to ride two-up on it.

Speedo shows 46, but GPS says 44. I trust the GPS more. Top speed will go up when the second battery kit arrives, as there will be less voltage sag when the motor is fed 50 amps of current.

scale 9 assembled with mirror and phone holder.jpg
Two Up on the Motor Goat v3.jpg

Get ready to hear a bunch of crybaby's whining about how fast eBikes are the bane of mankind, and you need a motorcycle.
Before I ever owned an eBike I already came to the same conclusion you have, that it's dangerous to ride on the street if you can't keep up with traffic. Luckily there's a lot more choices now days than there were in 2013 when I bought my first eBike.
Here's a link to some bikes you can consider.

This is my commuter. 2013 Stealth Bomber
View attachment 14938
Which model is that?

Don't get too hung up on rear wheel only drive versus All Wheel Drive (AWD). What you simply need to look at is torque and speed.
My AWD bike is slower than my rear wheel drive bike.

If you are off road, and know about shifting your weight forward, then AWD can shine. Otherwise, you can spin your front wheel, and have less control.

Don't get too hung up on rear wheel only drive versus All Wheel Drive (AWD). What you simply need to look at is torque and speed.
My AWD bike is slower than my rear wheel drive bike.

If you are off road, and know about shifting your weight forward, then AWD can shine. Otherwise, you can spin your front wheel, and have less control.
I dont off road. Was wondering which is best for speed city commuting

I dont off road. Was wondering which is best for speed city commuting
For street driving, I would go with the eBike which gives me the power/speed I prefer, and rear wheel drive. All three of the eBikes I mentioned above (Motor Goat v3, eCells 5-star, and Wired Freedom Cruiser) are rear wheel drive. They all have good torque, and are 40ish MPH eBikes. All are now available with second battery either as a stock item, or an optional purchase (for less range anxiety).

I have an AWD eBike as well, and I must remember to lean forward to get weight over the front wheel when I am accelerating hard, even on typical road surfaces. Otherwise, I can get wheel-spin on the front wheel.

I will throw in that the Goat has the full compliment of lights, front turn signals on stalks for better visibility, rear turn signals, brake lights, running lights, high/low beam headlamp, and emergency flashers. I want the cars on the road to know what I am doing. I don't want them to misinterpret what I intend to do on the road.

Back