Locking Down a Battery

HillAversion

Local time
9:33 AM
I'm researching my first ebike conversion build and trying to figure out which battery to buy. I'll be using a Bafang mid-drive motor.

I keep reading that the Shark batteries are junk (feel free to disagree; it's just something I read), but the battery builders I see recommended appear to be selling battery packs in a soft vinyl case. I want something I can lock to the frame of the bike. Does somebody sell cases for that purpose? What am I missing?

Feel free to mock me if this is a hopelessly stupid question. I'm new to this stuff.

I don't know what type and shape of battery you're considering but on my Himiway Cruiser I'm running 2 x 52V batteries. One is a plug&play 52V x 17.5Ah exact replacement for the stock 48V battery and the other is a rectangular 52V x 20Ah I got from AliExpress. I run them together with a Fusion Battery Blender. I got a battery bag that fits the rectangular battery perfectly and it has 4 Velcro straps that mount it securely to my rear rack. There's a built-in outlet in the bag to run the cable. And I can charge it when it's still mounted on the rack. And it looks good. If you're gonna run just one battery I'd recommend the rectangular type I have on my rear rack. Or you could do the same as I did and run two batteries with the Fusion Battery Blender.

Attachments

• 20220812_185315_resized.jpg
    20220812_185315_resized.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220812_185333_resized.jpg
    20220812_185333_resized.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 99
Thanks, Ozzie. I was thinking of running a long single battery in a case that locks down to the lower bar on the bike. After looking around I finally just found this:
https://goldenmotor.bike/product/52v14ah-panasonic-shark-pack/

I'd like to be able to park it and leave it without worrying about the battery being stolen.

I'll need to measure to see what fits. I have a pannier above the rear tire and I'd kind of like to keep it for storage, but at this point I'm trying to consider all the possibilities. Thanks for your input.

Thanks, Ozzie. I was thinking of running a long single battery in a case that locks down to the lower bar on the bike. After looking around I finally just found this:
https://goldenmotor.bike/product/52v14ah-panasonic-shark-pack/

I'd like to be able to park it and leave it without worrying about the battery being stolen.

I'll need to measure to see what fits. I have a pannier above the rear tire and I'd kind of like to keep it for storage, but at this point I'm trying to consider all the possibilities. Thanks for your input.
I see that Golden Motor battery is 52V x 14Ah. I would suggest at least a 52V x 20Ah. More Ah is more range. I got batteries at AliExpress. The companies I got my batteries from had warehouses in Canada. One battery only took 3 days to get to me and the other was about 1 week. Depending on your controller and motor and what they can handle, I would suggest getting the largest Voltage and Ah you can afford. You won't be sorry. Check my posts and pics.....

Back