Local Stadium "Gets it" (Upstate NY)

CloneWerks

Local time
2:54 PM
Kudos to the owners of the Binghamton "Rumble Ponies" baseball team and Mirabito Stadium in Binghamton NY.
After a brief meeting in the middle of last month they have agreed to move forward with a "cycle-friendly" initiative consisting of;

Working with the city to get several of the nearby bike paths connected all the way to the Stadium AND providing secure bicycle storage at the stadium.

Initially they were talking about some nice, high quality, bike racks at the stadium but after explaining to them about the increasing use of eBikes, and the cost of the average eBike, they quickly understood the need to have a higher security area so that patrons could relax and enjoy the games without worrying about theft/vandalism.

As a result they have committed to creating an area -inside the gate- to a ticket/bike-check system that will be monitored by the gate guards during the games. I think this is awesome and that they deserve high praise for this initiative!

Kudos to the owners of the Binghamton "Rumble Ponies" baseball team and Mirabito Stadium in Binghamton NY.
After a brief meeting in the middle of last month they have agreed to move forward with a "cycle-friendly" initiative consisting of;

Working with the city to get several of the nearby bike paths connected all the way to the Stadium AND providing secure bicycle storage at the stadium.

Initially they were talking about some nice, high quality, bike racks at the stadium but after explaining to them about the increasing use of eBikes, and the cost of the average eBike, they quickly understood the need to have a higher security area so that patrons could relax and enjoy the games without worrying about theft/vandalism.

As a result they have committed to creating an area -inside the gate- to a ticket/bike-check system that will be monitored by the gate guards during the games. I think this is awesome and that they deserve high praise for this initiative!

Interesting! I like it.

The Bills are in the early stages of planning/building a new NFL stadium here in WNY. I wonder if they are looking at similar ideas.

”Tailgating” is a bit of a culture here and they probably don’t want to give up revenue from parking lot fees, but having a biking option for folks who live near the stadium sure sounds like a great idea and would alleviate automotive traffic.

It would be a nice option at least for the fall time games. After that, they’d have to offer snowmobile parking. :)

Back