light weight foldable e-bike

Roadrunner

Hi Ya'll, I have been in search for a light weight foldable e-bike to take traveling with me. I am 65 year old women and can lift about 50 pounds (if I have to) but would prefer 40 lbs. Also the bikes that I have tried did not have a very smooth transition from peddling to and the battery kicking in. Are their some that have a better intergrated system out there. Appreciate you advise and wisdom. I like the fatter tire bikes.

Frogslayer

Hi Ya'll, I have been in search for a light weight foldable e-bike to take traveling with me. I am 65 year old women and can lift about 50 pounds (if I have to) but would prefer 40 lbs. Also the bikes that I have tried did not have a very smooth transition from peddling to and the battery kicking in. Are their some that have a better intergrated system out there. Appreciate you advise and wisdom. I like the fatter tire bikes.
How are you traveling? By car? RV? we talking plane rides? Folding bike frames need to be heavier to be able to be strong enough to ride. Are you comfortable putting a bike together yourself? Or would you rather buy something ready to go? What are you looking to spend?

Frogslayer

This one is 63 pounds with a small battery.

sojourner

Haven't ridden the Brompton ebike yet but I've had experience with the regular folder as well as many others. If price is NOT a major concern; get a Brompton.

Top Bottom