Light weight foldable e-bike under 50 pounds

Roadrunner

Local time
2:40 AM
Hi Ya'll, I have been in search for a light weight foldable e-bike to take traveling with me. I am 65 year old women and can lift about 50 pounds (if I have to) but would prefer 40 lbs. Also the bikes that I have tried did not have a very smooth transition from peddling to and the battery kicking in. Are their some that have a better intergrated system out there. Appreciate you advise and wisdom. I like the fatter tire bikes.

Hi Ya'll, I have been in search for a light weight foldable e-bike to take traveling with me. I am 65 year old women and can lift about 50 pounds (if I have to) but would prefer 40 lbs. Also the bikes that I have tried did not have a very smooth transition from peddling to and the battery kicking in. Are their some that have a better intergrated system out there. Appreciate you advise and wisdom. I like the fatter tire bikes.
How are you traveling? By car? RV? we talking plane rides? Folding bike frames need to be heavier to be able to be strong enough to ride. Are you comfortable putting a bike together yourself? Or would you rather buy something ready to go? What are you looking to spend?

Haven't ridden the Brompton ebike yet but I've had experience with the regular folder as well as many others. If price is NOT a major concern; get a Brompton.

Look at the Carbo-X foldable bike made from carbon and weighing only 30 pounds. I have one on order.

How are you traveling? By car? RV? we talking plane rides? Folding bike frames need to be heavier to be able to be strong enough to ride. Are you comfortable putting a bike together yourself? Or would you rather buy something ready to go? What are you looking to spend?
I am traveling in a convertered RV and will be storing the bike in the garage in the back

This one is 63 pounds with a small battery.
That's a little on the heavy side
Look at the Carbo-X foldable bike made from carbon and weighing only 30 pounds. I have one on order.
I actually have one it only works on and off. I love the ride. I waited 8 months for the delivery and I have soend 2 and half months and much time and energy emailed throught their portal to try to get replacement parts, even ub=nder warrenty. Need something more dependable. Hope your expreience is better.

The Fiido e-bikes are among the lightest and as they are folding bikes there is very little needed to assemble them. What I like is there having the battery pack in the seatpost which makes it easy to remove and make the bike lighter and to be able to easily take only the battery pack indoors for recharging.

Hi, Just saw your post and I wanted to ask how you like the bike? How long did it take for delivery? Would you recommend the Carbo-x?

I have had a few folding, lighter-weight ebikes.
They are great for small trips, slow in speed, not carrying much weight, but just to get around without having to walk the distance.

$800 Small 16" wheels with 350w motor seatpost battery that gets about 22-25 miles to a charge, with 180 lb. rider, speed tops out at about 16-17 mph, weighs about 36 lb.
c2CsFUQ.jpg

$1000 Z2O 20" wheels 500w motor, hidden battery in main frame tube, gets about 28-32 miles, weighs about 42 lb.
0esTNn3.jpg

QualiSport Dolphin is much heavier duty, better suited for heavier rider (200+ lb.) but it has the motor & frame to support the extra weight and carry items on the rear rack. 500w motor, seatpost battery, get well above 35 miles per charge, speed well above 20 mph. at about 50 lb.
Vne3oFB.jpg

I've used all these ebikes on my commute, carrying each of them onto trains, subways stairs and into 3rd floor apartment.

Hello. I am a new member and just saw this thread. I bought this little Jetson Bolt Pro e-bike today and it's a blast! I am 60 years old and don't need to go fast so it's 15.5 mph max speed is plenty enough for me. It weighs 41lbs. and since I am not tall at 5'5" I can make the seat post length work for me in order to pedal it comfortably. If you're a taller rider I would think you could just replace the stock one with a longer one if needed. It has a peddle assist and throttle system and can go quite a distance using both. I would totally recommend this for a single person who just needs a little grocery getter or something for a short commute anywhere!

R.8383a925d61cf90782e76a6b169758ae

Just a bit over at 51.3 lb. but it folds and it is compact.
The battery is a 48V 796 Wh unit, which is pretty heavy (3910g).
Advertised to get near 90 mile range, with 25 kmh max speed (which only occur with 100% battery).
Most of the time it cruises at 20-23 kmh with me (180 lb.) riding it.
It does have regen braking & coasting, cruise control comes on when you hold the throttle for over 8 seconds and let go.
Shaft-drive makes is a leg-crank-generator for the battery.

I extended to reach of the bike by installing a different folding stem, gives me more room to the handlebars.
Also added a suspension seatpost to soften the ride.

g7d8RPD.jpg

Lectric XP LITE.. budget folding ebike.. bummer it's a single speed.

lectric-xp-lite-first-ride-3.jpg
I have one on order. I can see the gears being an issue if you live in an area with big hills but I don't expect it to be a problem where I am. I think it's a better thing because one less thing to go wrong.

Just a bit over at 51.3 lb. but it folds and it is compact.
The battery is a 48V 796 Wh unit, which is pretty heavy (3910g).
Advertised to get near 90 mile range, with 25 kmh max speed (which only occur with 100% battery).
Most of the time it cruises at 20-23 kmh with me (180 lb.) riding it.
It does have regen braking & coasting, cruise control comes on when you hold the throttle for over 8 seconds and let go.
Shaft-drive makes is a leg-crank-generator for the battery.

I extended to reach of the bike by installing a different folding stem, gives me more room to the handlebars.
Also added a suspension seatpost to soften the ride.

g7d8RPD.jpg
Who makes that? It looks nice

Back