Tires & Tubes Lectric XPremium tire pressure

darreld

Local time
2:59 PM
Hi All,
I just got a Lectric XPremium this week. I'm loving it so far. One thing, though, is the tire pressure. The manual instructed to inflate tires to what is marked on the tire. That is 20psi. Now I'm a bit of big guy at 270 and I feel like the low pressure causes way to much rolling restistance, and I'm already getting less than advertised range.

They mention that during their range checking they inflated the tires to 30 PSI. My wife has a RadRunner 2 with tires to 30 psi and they feel much better. Can I just take mine up to at least 30 or should I look for different, higher pressure tires. When I ride my road bike I have the tires about 85 psi. I like that.

Thanks

My wife and I each have a XP 2.0. Our tires say max inflation 35 psi. They work great at that pressure for the road, though if we are riding in the rough we will air down some. 85 is way too high. My wife got hers first, and at some point she got a flat which I repaired. When it was time to inflate the tire I didn't have my glasses on and I thought the tire said 65 psi-yikes! I made it to about 50 psi when the tube unbeaded the tire and bulged out the side. No harm, but I learned fat tires like that don't take much air pressure (I also learned to use my dang reading glasses)

My wife and I each have a XP 2.0. Our tires say max inflation 35 psi. They work great at that pressure for the road, though if we are riding in the rough we will air down some. 85 is way too high. My wife got hers first, and at some point she got a flat which I repaired. When it was time to inflate the tire I didn't have my glasses on and I thought the tire said 65 psi-yikes! I made it to about 50 psi when the tube unbeaded the tire and bulged out the side. No harm, but I learned fat tires like that don't take much air pressure (I also learned to use my dang reading glasses)
That is a 3" tire, 4" tires are lower PSI. The PSI at ground contact is greater because they displace more weight. I weigh 260 and like my 4" tires at 22psi.

Back