Lectric XP Trike

Mine arrived on Thursday and was delivered by FedEx but it seems they all can't understand the instructions or big arrows taking up large portions of the box as they delivered it on the side with the rear fenders. As such, the left fender was bent in digging into the tire and pushed to the right. I did what I could to get it off the tire and somewhat centered, but the area around the two screws are pretty well bent. I sent an e-mail to Lectric with pictures (including the picture FedEx themselves sent to me showing how proud they were to have successfully delivered it on its side) to let them know that it arrived with some dents. Not sure what they'll do for me at this point.

Otherwise, the trike is functional and we'll give it a test run tomorrow.

Mine was delivered the same way, and it broke one tail light and put big dents in one rear fender. Lectric is sending me a new fender and light. But it appears many FedEx drivers cannot read or understand the printing on the cartons saying how the box is to be shipped.

XP Trike can fit in the hatch of my 2010 Prius, with plenty of room for other stuff.
YeUiBNe.jpg

Mine arrived on Thursday and was delivered by FedEx but it seems they all can't understand the instructions or big arrows taking up large portions of the box as they delivered it on the side with the rear fenders. As such, the left fender was bent in digging into the tire and pushed to the right. I did what I could to get it off the tire and somewhat centered, but the area around the two screws are pretty well bent. I sent an e-mail to Lectric with pictures (including the picture FedEx themselves sent to me showing how proud they were to have successfully delivered it on its side) to let them know that it arrived with some dents. Not sure what they'll do for me at this point.

Otherwise, the trike is functional and we'll give it a test run tomorrow.

Did you hear the news? FedEx and UPS are merging.​

They’re going to go by the name Fed-Up from now on.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed as we have 2 being delivered in the next two days. Doing research I see that when the trike 1st started shipping it was a crap-shoot waiting for it to arrive. Back then I would compare getting a new XP Trike to be a waiting game which is the very same scenario for Tesla deliveries. Lectric however must have gotten their plan working because when I placed my order we were told they were in stock and being shipped out via Fed Ex within 3-days of receiving the order. I placed an order for 2 Sena helmets and still no word on those even shipping, man I should have ordered them from Amazon instead of Sena directly.

Fast forward, there are literally thousands of these trikes now out there being ridden and they are a blast. We own two in our family and even with some of the known issues they are well worth the money and are a blast to ride if you are not looking for top-end speed. I built-up a 13 foot cargo trailer to haul ours since we have grandkids in 3-states and we want to be able to ride with them.these are roughly 90 pounds each with batteries so unless you are young you won’t be slinging them around without help. In my case the cargo trailer has a ramp so they are very easy to load. Because a trailer is a moving earthquake I went through several configurations to securely tie them down before hitting on the right solution. And yes my Border Collie Maisie rides with me and loves it.

Attachments

• IMG_7416.jpeg
    IMG_7416.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7404.jpeg
    IMG_7404.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7288.jpeg
    IMG_7288.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 33
She’s happy to go with me anywhere. I do need to get a larger trailer for her by next spring though because she doesn’t have a lot of room to move around in it. She says, “I herd you!”

Back