Lectric XP Pedal Issue

ShweatyMaf

Local time
9:06 AM
Hello everyone!

New to the forum. I purchased a Lectric XP (first gen) from my brother after he upgraded his E-Bike. This is my first ever E-Bike and so far I love it.

I noticed a few days ago that the right pedal was loose. I took a look at the pedal to see which tools I need to tighten it. Well…the pedal just sort of came out as soon as I grabbed it. I tried to do some research online but I am unsure of what I need to purchase to get this resolved.

I would like to keep the original pedals since they fold in half for easy storage/transport but if I have to get new pedals then that is fine with me. I think I need to replace the crank arms and the pedal thread looks like it will also need to be replaced. I am not sure if the threaded pedal bolt (I apologize if I’m using the wrong terms) can be replaced and salvage the pedal or if I need new pedals as well. One of my questions is that I don’t know if most crank arms are a standard length or if this bike uses a non-standard size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• D80B1D0C-FBFF-4590-808B-5A61272D5CCD.jpeg
    D80B1D0C-FBFF-4590-808B-5A61272D5CCD.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 68E76B00-4865-45CF-B243-681D59549615.jpeg
    68E76B00-4865-45CF-B243-681D59549615.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 8357D93B-800B-4490-94FC-488187E94FB1.jpeg
    8357D93B-800B-4490-94FC-488187E94FB1.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 7ECECEEC-BEB7-4187-AB4E-5D4ED9ED9DA3.jpeg
    7ECECEEC-BEB7-4187-AB4E-5D4ED9ED9DA3.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 300
Looks to me someone cross-threaded the crankarm when installing the pedal, destroyed the original threads on the crankarm; over time the pedal worked itself loose by chewing off the threads even more to allow the pedal to fall off completely from the crankarm.
Yeah, that's a replacement for both the pedal & crankarm.

Hello everyone!

New to the forum. I purchased a Lectric XP (first gen) from my brother after he upgraded his E-Bike. This is my first ever E-Bike and so far I love it.

I noticed a few days ago that the right pedal was loose. I took a look at the pedal to see which tools I need to tighten it. Well…the pedal just sort of came out as soon as I grabbed it. I tried to do some research online but I am unsure of what I need to purchase to get this resolved.

I would like to keep the original pedals since they fold in half for easy storage/transport but if I have to get new pedals then that is fine with me. I think I need to replace the crank arms and the pedal thread looks like it will also need to be replaced. I am not sure if the threaded pedal bolt (I apologize if I’m using the wrong terms) can be replaced and salvage the pedal or if I need new pedals as well. One of my questions is that I don’t know if most crank arms are a standard length or if this bike uses a non-standard size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I hear that lectric customer service is excellent. Reach out to them.

Definitely a stripped thread.....if you can't do it yourself....take it to a machine shop and ask them to rethread it. Otherwise...get new parts from Lectric and go biking.

Wow, I hope your brother gave full disclosure and a fat discount for that!

I agree, it's probably best to replace the crank arms and pedals. If the price quoted from Lectric is eye-watering, you might consider whether you want to try a different type of crankarm & pedal. Uprade to a nice aftermarket one, for example. There are other suppliers of folding pedals.

I'm noticing now that this was 4 months ago. I hope you're on the road again. Let us know how it panned out!

Back