Lectric XP Trike

"A"

Local time
7:31 AM
$1499 for an e-trike, I might have to get one just for kicks.
Folding frame makes it even more enticing.

lectric-xp-trike-teaser-head.jpg

I would certainly get one for my in-laws (in their mid 80's) at that price.
FIL had ridden a folding Fat 20" ebike prior to the pandemic, but fear of losing his balance and falling, a trike would be much safer.

I saw this ealier today......interesting......I wrote to company and asked what the rider weight and height limits were.....they responded that they haven't seen the trike yet and that those numbers have yet to be determined.......maybe a little..."horse before the cart" marketing???

I saw this ealier today......interesting......I wrote to company and asked what the rider weight and height limits were.....they responded that they haven't seen the trike yet and that those numbers have yet to be determined.......maybe a little..."horse before the cart" marketing???

Which company did you write to?

Lectric have the details on their webpage:

Very interesting. I wonder what are the folded dimensions/size of this e-trike? The one picture suggests you need a mega-size SUV to transport it in your trunk. hmmm. How do the two rear tires/assembly "fold"?

Which company did you write to?

Lectric have the details on their webpage:

Wrote to Lectric yesterday......they told me that they haven't seen the trike yet and couldn't say what the rider height and weight limits are yet. Here's their response....

At this time, we have very limited information on the trike. It will be launching officially on February 7. Between now and then we would like to invite you to check our website for updated and information on the trike. Also, please be sure to subscribe to emails so you are in the know on information about the trike as it is released.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions as we get closer to our launch date, please let us know. We will be happy to help.

In a second correspondance.....they said this.....

The trike is still going through testing processes, and once it completes all the phases of testing, we will publish all of the necessary specs, including payload and dimensions, etc. Please keep an eye on our website for updates between now and our preorder date, February 7.

Thank you for reaching out. If you have any further questions, please let us know. We will be happy to help

Very interesting. I wonder what are the folded dimensions/size of this e-trike? The one picture suggests you need a mega-size SUV to transport it in your trunk. hmmm. How do the two rear tires/assembly "fold"?
Good question.....in their press release.....it says the trike weighs 64lbs which is exactly what my XP 2.0 step thru weighs....hard to believe a three wheel trike would weigh the same?????

Shown in article.. likely need a van or minivan hatch.
I doubt the rear wheel section folds, but ability to fold between the front & rear wheel section & the handlebar would reduce teh overall dimensions of a trike significantly.

image-45.jpg

Yourtube already has a video on trike folded 30 by 38 inches that will fit in my Kia Soul.

Luckily, I know enough about bike mechanical stuff (& ex-owner of a Lectric XP 2.0), just watching the video and footage of the trike being ridden;
there is enough for me to believe that $1499 is a good deal for that trike.

Placed my order for the LEctric XP Trike.
APR 2023 delivery.

New video, about how the Lectric XP Trike came about:

Back