Lectric XP Trike

Hi just want to ask how do you take the rear wheel out ? I took the bolt out do I need just to pull the wheel out from the hub just want to get some info thanks

Hi just want to ask how do you take the rear wheel out ? I took the bolt out do I need just to pull the wheel out from the hub just want to get some info thanks

Which bolt did you take out? Did you mean the axle?

Best refer to the XP Trike manual:

Thanks probably I'll call customer service
I'll just call support service cause the manual didn't mention about wheel removal thanks

Rear wheel removal for the XP Trike is pretty easy when you have the right tools.
4mm Allen key to loosen the rear wheel axle and the wheel slides right out:
Eus3WOY.jpg

Ordered on April 8, Lectric said my XP trike would ship in May! It showed up on May 31, so they were spot on, more or less! I was somewhat concerned at the appearance of the shipping carton, I could see one rear fender taillight through a large hole. It appeared that Chung Fooey's Sand, Gravel and Trucking Co was the carrier, and much of it's journey was made upended, instead of 'This Side Up' as intended by Lectric. Anyway, I got it unboxed, had to do some minor body work and massaging of the rear fenders so they would not rub the tires. A large screw driver or pry bar and a rubber hammer works well. My trike came with the optional seat backrest, so I was glad to see to see that since Lectric had said on the website they were backordered. I had the optional mirrors and lock so I installed those. I did not install the extra cargo basket on the front, I don't think I will need it. My brother needs a small basket for the back of his motorcycle, so I donated it to him. I aired up the tires to 40 lbs, (not the 30 lbs I discovered later that they should be). Next on the agenda was to take it outside and try it, unpowered at first to see how it feels. It pedals easy with no power on flat ground, but I noticed my instinctive urge to lean into the corner, even at walking speeds, was really counter productive! Now I have ridden 3-wheel ATVs for years, and without a rear differential you want to lean slightly away from the corner to corner properly. I am thinking that may be the secret to riding this trike to corner smoothly, even tho the trike has a rear differential. I have seen YouTube videos that say older riders need a reset of their intuitive riding instincts, I think I agree with that, since I am 70 now. Old riding habits die hard. I recently gave up riding my bicycle due to not feeling quite as steady as I would like to still be, so this will be a new adventure!

Took the trike for a short 3 miles ride yesterday for a sort of shake down run. Here are some thoughts on that ride. I finally learned to shift my weight slightly to the outside of a turn, instead of leaning into a turn. That works much better, but I am still going slow for the learning curve! Now, I suspect that Lectric made this trike a single speed as a cost saving move. However, I wish it had at least a 3-spd rear end. Here's why- In 1st and 2nd PAS mode, when pedaling as fast as I can, top speed it about 4 or perhaps 5 mph on paved roads. I would like to pedal about 7 mph, but when I shift into PAS mode 3, the speed goes up to about 9-10mph, and I can't pedal that fast for very long. I weigh about 200 lbs, (25 more then I should, and I'm working on getting rid of the excess weight) but it would be nice if the PAS mode 3 would come in about 7-8 mpg max, or ideally there would be the option of shifting to a lower or higher gear to better match the PAS mode. Looking at the design of the bike, it would take some engineering magic to make a cost effective multi-speed rear end for the bike, given how the motor is 'attached' to the axle and the crank pedals. Now I don't intend to use the trike much in the way of a scooter, but I thought I would see how it would perform in 'scooter mode' only. Going up a paved road with an ever so slight grade (1% max grade?) it would only go about 2-3 mph in PAS mode 1 or 2. Switching to PAS mode 3 brought the speed up to about 7 MPH. Perhaps I need not worry about a run away in scooter mode going up a very slight grade with my weight? Bottom line, I wish it had a 3 spd (minimum) geared rear axle, but the low cost was a powerful incentive for me to purchase this unit so I should not complain too much. By the way, I have not 'fixed' the speed mode for the max 14 mph, will do that later if needs be.

If you're looking for speed, upright trikes are generally not designed for that; tadpole trikes are better suited for speed.
For $1499 price tag, there is no other trike that offer similar equipped as the XP trike.

I've put about 5 miles on the XP Trike. My wife put about 25 miles on the XP Trike,
still keeping it on the standard mode for eventually the trike will go to the in-laws soon.
Wife keeps the PAS level at 1, pedaling along she's able to keep the trike moving along at 12 mph constant, even on hills 400-500 ft. long.
Me riding along had to put significant effort to keep up with her on the same hill, granted I was on analog 40 lb. cargo bicycle.
I weight about 175 lb. fully dressed and wife is about 140 lb., in-laws are about 120-130 lb.
I put a mirror & bell on the handlebar, swapped out the long suspension seatpost to a lightweight MTB seatpost, so seat can be even lower position than OEM; in-laws being under 5' tall.
JfJigua.jpg

RZYnV46.jpg

TP5kyqX.jpg

Folding the XP trike down is simple, taking the seat off the trike makes it even much smaller
overall size gets pretty compact, likely able to fit inside many SUVs.
tVCY1xh.jpg

TWk4Yiq.jpg

Size comparison against my gravel bike, Fiido T1 & 20" folding bike:
CgmzeFC.jpg

vm1vO0K.jpg

ssLu6th.jpg

o30hE49.jpg

hQQb6k6.jpg

With a little effort, XP Trike can fit inside my Yaris.
I don't think I will drive long hours with the way it's packed in there.
ZxKGMJw.jpg

ixb7aKH.jpg

Not looking for speed, just a better match between pedal assist mode and pedal crank speed. As the manual says, pedal assist 1 and 2 are good for about 5 mph speed when the operator is pedaling also. Then in pedal assist level 3 the speed jumps to about 10-11 mph and it is hard to pedal that fast to match the pedal effort by the operator to the pedal assist mode level. This is all done on flat ground, pavement only. Most of the time I ride in no pedal assist mode for about 5-6.5 mph speed. I would like to see pedal assist mode 2 come in with enough power to propel the bike at about 7-8 mph with or without the operator pedaling. That would better match the pedal assist power with pedaling or non pedaling speeds without the huge gap between the current speed of about 4-5 mph in mode 2 and the big jump in speed of 10-11 mph in pedal assist mode 3. Other then that, the trike is fairly well operationally balanced and built, and well worth the price compared to other electric trikes on the market. I also wonder about putting 3 different gear sprockets on the pedal crank for more pedal effort matching with pedal assist modes, but perhaps that would not be feasible or cost effective? Just brain storming how to upgrade the trike without breaking the bank.

Big discovery for me today! Last night I was reading the online manual for the XP Trike, and read how a person can 'unlock' the level 2 power from the beginner's power setting. I wondered if it would also give more power in the PAS modes 1 and 2, so I proceeded to follow the instruction in the manual for the 'unlock'. When it came time for today's ride, I wheeled the trike out of my office and got on and powered up the trike and put it in PAS mode 1 and began to pedal. I almost got whiplash! Wow, something really woke up this little pup, and now it seems able to hunt too! I got up to about 7.5 mph instead of the lethargic 4 mph before. Then I punched in PAS 2 and it really took off like I was in PAS 3. Whoa, I had to do a double take at the readout to make sure I was in PAS 2. I did not realize that unlocking the beginner's power and going to power level 2 woke up the trike in the lower PAS modes also. What a pleasant surprise! Now I'm thinking all I would really like is another sprocket on the front pedal crank that would give me a higher road gear, because in PAS 3 at 10-12 mph you cannot pedal that fast, at least not me without my shoes flying off! I'm having really warm fuzzies for my trike now! I hope the unlocking procedure is not some fluke accident, and it will be permanent! YES!!

Practice, practice, practice.
I told my wife to practice 10-15 minutes straight doing tight u-turns in my driveway before she took it out on the first ride.
Get used to the power output, get used to the handling and controls; then set up some cones in the driveway for slalom work.
We go through the same drills on each bike (or trike) she rides.
Trike is a different animal from bikes, the thing I'm most concerned about is transition between level to elevated grounds on the trike;
getting on & off sidewalks, drifting off between pavement & grass.. that's when the trike is most unstable.
I hope my in-laws would have the patience to practice when I delivery the trike to them.

My XP Trike arrives tomorrow here in Dickinson TX. I am looking forward to long rides in the several National Wildlife Refuges with my camera gear in the back basket. It seems to be an ideal way for this 70 year old wildlife photographer to get around the refuge in a much quieter and higher visibility way. I will let you know.

Take your time (even if only 10-15 minutes) to get yourself familiar with the trike.
Getting on & off, get familiar with how much space you have around the trike and how much space the trike takes up on the pavement.
I've heard about rider running over their foot by the rear wheel while trying to put their foot down before the trike is stopped.
It's a trike, you don't have to put your foot down when trike is not moving.

Sometimes, running over something with one rear wheel can cause imbalance to the rider; at speed, it gets worse.
Maybe practice avoiding obstacles or hazards between the rear wheels, or practice riding over a small plank of wood with just one rear wheel in your flat driveway.
Just to get familiar with how to handle the trike when it is tilted unexpectedly.

I think about these things because my Lectric Trike is meant for my 80+ y-o, in-laws.
Since the pandemic, their outdoor activities have been drastically reduced and lack much physical stamina.
I hope the trike can get them to enjoy being outdoors again.

My XP Trike arrives tomorrow here in Dickinson TX. I am looking forward to long rides in the several National Wildlife Refuges with my camera gear in the back basket. It seems to be an ideal way for this 70 year old wildlife photographer to get around the refuge in a much quieter and higher visibility way. I will let you know.
I'm knocking on the door of 71, and this trike sure is a great way to still get exercise and fresh air. I can see how it would also be a great mobility device for some of us older riders. I can pedal in PAS 1 and get some good exercise, I don't often ride in scooter control, just a couple of times to see what it was like. I generally try to ride at least 5 miles per day pedaling and some days a little bit more. You will love your trike once you get used to it and practice with it before you hit the street!

MIL (mother in-law), 84 y-o, 4' 8", 92 lb. fully dressed. Got her to walk around the trike a few times, get on & off the trike a few times.
Showed her how to use the brakes, both brakes together at first to keep the trike stationary while getting on & off.
She got on it and pedaled without battery installed on the bike, up & down the sidewalk for two blocks & turned around back to the driveway, as I walked behind the trike.
Put the battery on the trike, showed her how to turn it on, how to use the the throttle, in PAS 1, she rode up & down the sidewalk again as I walked next to the trike.
Still afraid of get going on her own, I think someone will need to walk along side or behind her for a few rides before she feels comfortable on her own.
Hopefully there are a few more cool weather days without air pollution.

My first time on the trike, no power on, was likely very funny to watch and I feared I might end up on YouTube if someone saw me and video taped my awkward attempts at riding in a straight line and turning a corner. But the more practice, the more comfortable one can feel on the trike. I still cannot get my wife to even sit on it, she said it looks awkward to her. She has not even been on a bike in 30 years! Oh well, you can lead the horse to water, but you cannot make it drink, right?

Back