Lectric XP Trike

:ROFLMAO:....I think that these kids have such massive wads of money stuffed in their pockets nowadays that $1500 is about what might fall out and count as a daily contribution to the down and out (flutters around in the air like confetti on a fast moving ebike). ;)
Good thing they don't deliver pizza's....people would be pissed!

I saw on Lectric's website that the trikes won't start shipping till June! I hope that is wrong!

Where are you getting this info? can you post a screenshot?
Can you supply a source URL?
Spreading misinformation in public forum is not a good practice.

I think he was right. I bought one as well in March with delivering in April but they pushed back to May later and now to June. Here is a the link: https://lectricebikes.com/products/xp-trike-graphite

It is interestimg that other products are in stock except the trike.

Sincerely sorry for you guys. There is going to be a day that all of this obviously comes to an end in terms of these deals. It often seems that we're playing a game of musical chairs in the hopes that the music never stops.

It will.

I didnt see this posting but 1499.00 wow, the only concern is 500w that peak to 1000, My first foray into electric was a RAD Electric Scooter w 350 watts and after going around the block I realized the drawbacks.
Might get one for Wife...

Received official response from Lectric about the delivery of my trike.
ss.jpg

Congratulations. Glad that you didn't get caught up in whatever others were/are(?) dealing with in this regard. Nice to have a company get back to you like that.

Got an email reply from Lectric about my ordered and paid for XP Trike and they told me it would ship in May. I hope it's not the end of May! I know I have to wait my turn and my trike will be built and shipped in the order it came in among all the other orders, but when riding weather is almost here I start getting worried the riding season will be 1/2 gone before it shows up!

I really like the way they have used a hub motor like it was a mid-drive system. Very smart move to keep costs down while allowing for two wheel drive to rear wheels. A further improvement to the design would be to have the motor drive a gear set of some sort.
Is that an upgrade? I consider the electric motor to be a transmission of sorts- think diesel electric locomotive, the thing to consider is this this transmissions with reduction are basically there to supploy the needed torque to actually interface with the environment( I would imagine a lot of of "middrivers" never shift the gears, wait a torque convertor does basically the same thing) as a young pup I ranted about the advantages of a "manual" transmission, finally I came to realize that an automatic was an upgrade for former"Sterling Moss" wannabees such as myself. One Guy used to chastise me for making a figure eight loop on the pavement runoff rather than the furious reversing and shifting He did when mowing the boss's yard,I'll wager He didnt save a second with that furious shifting and jamming. But if you feel the need for more complexity, go for it! have a blessed day!

...weren't those XP trikes in stock for a certain amount of time subject to prior sale(?) as I thought that this was a consideration for us at one time.
I am not the originator of the idea for an XP trike,OTH I suggested this to them quite awhile back and I think they will do good with it( those nice Folks did favor Me with a reply
)

Lectric never claimed these trikes are in stock since their introduction back in JAN 2023, even until today.
Why do folk expect to receive them as if these trikes are in stock ready to ship?

I placed my order for the Lectric Trike back on 07 FEB 2023, expect mine to be shipped among the first few that comes in stock.

Those that place their orders recently,
do you honestly expect to receive your order around the same time as someone who planned ahead and pre-ordered months ago?

Are folks paying full price up front....then waiting months for their trikes to arrive? If yes......Lectric is makin some good money with other people's money. Just sayin......

I have no problem paying full price up front, Lectric have clearly stated that it was a pre-order and given delivery estimate that's reasonable.
$1499 for the Lectric Trike is still a good price with the wait time.

Personally, with my experience of purchasing nearly a dozen ebikes from Alibaba & AliExpress, the delivery time of 2-3 months is reasonable.

If the final production is identical to the prototype that have been circulating in their videos, Lectric is likely to make very small profit from each unit sold at the $1499 price tag, let alone giving away free cargo package with the trike purchase.

I hear ya A and there is nothing wrong with paying in advance for something you want......but......companies do make additional profit from having folks money for several months in advance before product delivery. Some companies only request a down payment with balance due prior to shipment. I have no idea how many trikes Lectric has sold so far but I would bet it's in the hundreds......if their business office is not making money on all that free cash........they're not well run. Just sayin.....

Having worked on both sides (retail & manufacturer) of bicycle industry for few decades, I can say that retailers have to pre-order & pre-pay certain percentage prior to the goods show up at the stores.
The balance of pre-ordering enough to stock the stores is tricky, with something like the Lectric Trike that has been demanded by customers, ordering from manufacturer to produce enough units for stock may require a large capitol.
Lectric has been in business for less than 5 years, they success & growth seem to have been driven by the value of their bikes and likely units they sold.
Whether their business office is using the money from pre-order customers is hard to tell, but they seem to be managing their growth well.
If their models of selling at lower profit margin works, they will survive until that model stop working and have to evolve to something else.

Are folks paying full price up front....then waiting months for their trikes to arrive? If yes......Lectric is makin some good money with other people's money. Just sayin......
No worse than Elon. My "Cybertruck"( which I will never recieve) has been on order since the "get go".

It somewhat amazes me that no one ever mentions the 'cut off' date for these overseas manufacturers and their full purchase price down payment business plans.
If you think for a second that you are 'first in line' because you ordered before anyone else...think about it:
The container has to set sail sooner or later with a limited number of units.
A lot can happen in that first allocation as promises are made to potentially just about everyone but early adaptors.
I'm not disparaging or accusing; only pointing out the realities of today's ongoing supply chain woes and the inevitable recession winds blowing hard at this very moment.
I wouldn't blink an eye if my current wait for another brand's trike became permanent considering the game of musical chairs that we are all playing right now.

Back