Lectric XP 3.0

"A"

Local time
10:38 AM
Still $999.

lectric-xp-3.0-first-ride-header.jpg

I just discovered it's release a few hours ago.

I think the passenger seat/rear rack is a wonderful idea. That's something I always wished my 1.0 had.

I still like my 4x20 tires better though.

With all the problems I'm having with one of my XP 2.0s I bought about a month ago, I'm almost wishing I would have waited for this. Before I ordered them I asked Lectric if anything new was in the pipeline for November and they wouldn't tell me.

With all the problems I'm having with one of my XP 2.0s I bought about a month ago, I'm almost wishing I would have waited for this. Before I ordered them I asked Lectric if anything new was in the pipeline for November and they wouldn't tell me.
I think the problems you have related would apply to this model as well because they are related to quality and quality control by the mfg.

I have had no serious problems with my XP 2.0.....nor have two people in my neighborhood.......I would rate their quality and quality control highly......my two cents.

I am 6’ 7” tall, 240lbs. Seriously considering getting the XP 3.0 to take on my camping trips. Am I too tall for this bike?

I have had no serious problems with my XP 2.0.....nor have two people in my neighborhood.......I would rate their quality and quality control highly......my two cents.
I've had no problems with one of them. The other one has been a constant problem. Fortunately it has only been one problem but one that no one can seem to find a cause or solution for. Their support has been somewhat responsive but they do seem to fall back on the "it's normal for the bike to make a grinding noise that sounds like a shovel dragging on the pavement behind it" line all too easily. They did send a new wheel when I insisted but that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. I emailed them again this morning and still waiting for a reply.

Also not happy that the stock wheel came with a Shimano freewheel but the replacement came with a no-name cheap Chinese knockoff brand called cnata.

I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of the 2.0 and 3.0 to see if there really has been an increase in overall performance.
From what I've read the differences are the motor is still 500W but with a max of 1000 instead of 750 and the controller is 20amp instead of 18 amp. Not sure how that will translate into real world performance though. Pulling more current might shorten the battery life. The frames are also different with the rear rack now being part of the frame instead of a removable attachment.

Not sure if they've made any electronic changes.

Real world performance is highly dependent on rider/cargo weight.
Performance is going to be different from rider to rider, not a good comparison criteria.

I am 6’ 7” tall, 240lbs. Seriously considering getting the XP 3.0 to take on my camping trips. Am I too tall for this bike?

Probably.....I am 6'4'......I fit but have my 2.0 pretty high. If possible......find someone who has one....try her out first. Good luck.

I've had no problems with one of them. The other one has been a constant problem. Fortunately it has only been one problem but one that no one can seem to find a cause or solution for. Their support has been somewhat responsive but they do seem to fall back on the "it's normal for the bike to make a grinding noise that sounds like a shovel dragging on the pavement behind it" line all too easily. They did send a new wheel when I insisted but that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. I emailed them again this morning and still waiting for a reply.

Also not happy that the stock wheel came with a Shimano freewheel but the replacement came with a no-name cheap Chinese knockoff brand called cnata.
Sorry to hear......I woudn't be happy with that comment either.....hope it works out for you.

I recently test rode one. I am 6’6” 210lbs.
I felt like the circus clown on the tiny bicycle! It was way too small…in my opinion. It wasn’t an uncomfortable ride, but I just felt it was a kid’s bike.
My needs are different, though. For me, folding is not a desired option. I live on a small island, and my bike is my commuter. Trips to the store, exercise and general cruising/sightseeing are what I use an eBike for.
In younger years, I sailed. Then, a light folding bike would have been wonderful to carry aboard. I understand the trade-off.
After shopping a couple of months, I ordered a Ride1UP Cafe Cruiser. They’re in San Diego. I couldn’t be happier with my decision! I’m able to ride sitting up straight (I’m 70yo), without putting weight on my arms.
Again, my needs are different. The Cafe Cruiser is a large-frame big bike. It’s exactly what I was looking for. It was only $500 More than a Lectric.
I’m attaching photos…

Attachments

• A576231B-6404-4D44-BD57-32191AF18307.jpeg
    A576231B-6404-4D44-BD57-32191AF18307.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 994735C3-36ED-4506-95B8-9332B2FE2C9C.jpeg
    994735C3-36ED-4506-95B8-9332B2FE2C9C.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 236
  • FEADB0A2-C8D2-4F55-B807-0C9600764163.jpeg
    FEADB0A2-C8D2-4F55-B807-0C9600764163.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 239
I felt like the circus clown on the tiny bicycle! It was way too small…in my opinion. It wasn’t an uncomfortable ride, but I just felt it was a kid’s bike.
My needs are different, though. For me, folding is not a desired option. I live on a small island, and my bike is my commuter. Trips to the store, exercise and general cruising/sightseeing are what I use an eBike for.
In younger years, I sailed. Then, a light folding bike would have been wonderful to carry aboard. I understand the trade-off.
After shopping a couple of months, I ordered a Ride1UP Cafe Cruiser. They’re in San Diego. I couldn’t be happier with my decision! I’m able to ride sitting up straight (I’m 70yo), without putting weight on my arms.
Again, my needs are different. The Cafe Cruiser is a large-frame big bike. It’s exactly what I was looking for. It was only $500 More than a Lectric.
I’m attaching photos…
Living in a congested metro area I thought a folding bike would be great to take on public transportation but come to find out they won't let them on the bus or train plus at 65+lbs I'd prob end up throwing my back out or something eventually just getting the thing on and off. I haven't had any probs with the folding part of the bike but in the future I will stick with a fixed frame

I have been commuting with my acoustic folding bike and taking subway with it since 2013 in NYC.
The folding bicycle that I've been using for the last 3-4 years has been a $150 cheap folding bike with disc brakes under 20 lb.; makes it much easier when carrying it over the turnstyle & on-off the subway trains.
Rain, snow, salt, it gets me where I need to be, I rarely even lock it, just remove the long seatpost & seat, fold the bike in half and leave it against a post. No one seems to bother stealing it.
qEoqD0i.jpg

I wish they'd let us on in my city. Bikes have to fit on the rack on the front of the bus or on the inside of the train and mine will do neither

From what I've read the differences are the motor is still 500W but with a max of 1000 instead of 750 and the controller is 20amp instead of 18 amp. Not sure how that will translate into real world performance though. Pulling more current might shorten the battery life. The frames are also different with the rear rack now being part of the frame instead of a removable attachment.

Not sure if they've made any electronic changes.
I like how it gets up and goes. PAS goes up to about 17-18mph. But the battery lasts long. When going to PAS or higher it drains pretty fast.

I wish they'd let us on in my city. Bikes have to fit on the rack on the front of the bus or on the inside of the train and mine will do neither
If you got an pure mechanical folder like "A" has, they sell carrying bags. When you get to the bus or train stop, fold it up, put it in the bag, and then it becomes luggage, not a bike. That's what I used to do when I did a multi-modal commute from the Chicago suburbs into the city. (as they wouldn't allow "bikes" on rush hour trains)

As for being too heavy, you could get a pure mechanical bike to save weight, or an XP Lite to split the difference. (it is only 45 lbs.) The way I see it, if you're doing a multi-modal commute, you probably don't need an eBike, as the bulk of the miles would have been done by the train or bus.

I like how it gets up and goes. PAS goes up to about 17-18mph. But the battery lasts long. When going to PAS or higher it drains pretty fast.
You forgot to fill in the PAS numbers in your post. Care to edit them in?

I’m attaching photos…
Ira, I'm curious which island you live on, if you wouldn't mind sharing. You are a tall dude, you're lucky that ANYONE built an eBike big enough for you!

That is a nice set-up you've got there.

Back