lectric xp 3.0 problem!

I had a 2.0 and purchased a 3.0. I was surprised about the "new" performance parameters. It appears Lectric has reprogrammed the controller with some good and some not-so-good changes. My 3.0 was built in the July 2023 time period which seems to be about the time of the release of the updated 3.0 controller programming. I also understand the updated controller program is/may be available. My assumption is that you would have to send your controller to Lectric for the reprogramming. Would appreciate any update on that.
I purchased my 3.0 in 2022 and have the original programming which allows quick non reduced throttle response. The reason the newer XP 3 models have this problem is because they have the PWR programming. I received the PWR upgrade kit yesterday and installed it; the kit has a new controller, LCD screen and the power +- buttons. After just one ride I realized my mistake in switching and am going to reinstall my original controller today; I hate the fact I cannot ride in PAS 1 then when suddenly needing throttle speed to cross a street between short gaps in traffic I don’t have that needed speed (I’m happy I checked that out on a slow side street first). On a side note… to get the proper odometer reading Program 6 isn’t correct from factory and might have to be adjusted to around 24 (mine is 24.2) then a mile is actually a mile on the odometer. Once I got that corrected I got 90 miles on a full charge of the long range battery using predominately PAS 1 tapping the throttle occasionally to quickly cross a street (I’m 6’1” and around 220).

I purchased my 3.0 in 2022 and have the original programming which allows quick non reduced throttle response. The reason the newer XP 3 models have this problem is because they have g the PWR programming. I received the PWR upgrade kit yesterday and installed it; the kit has a new controller, LCD screen and the power +- buttons. After just one ride I realized my mistake in switching and am going to reinstall my original controller today; I hate the fact I cannot ride in PAS 1 then when suddenly needing throttle speed to cross a street between short gaps in traffic I don’t have that needed speed (I’m happy I checked that out on a slow side street first). On a side note… to get the proper odometer reading Program 6 isn’t correct from factory and might have to be adjusted to around 24 (mine is 24.2) then a mile is actually a mile on the odometer. Once I got that corrected I got 90 miles on a full charge of the long range battery using predominately PAS 1 tapping the throttle occasionally to quickly cross a street (I’m 6’1” and around 220).

Welcome to the forums! :cool:

Back