lectric xp 3.0 problem!

jayjay

Local time
10:50 AM
Just bought the lectric xp 3.0 w/ extended battery. It will not go faster than 17.5 ish throttle only. Even on the 100 setting. Cust serv. said to drain battery and recharge. What a Pain. I drained (rode 15 miles) until no power to wheel and error code on screen. Still 17.5 tops. Now what? Back to customer service. later tonight Just went 18.5 after I changed setting from 100 to 32. I managed 26 on pas 5. I cant believe I have a bike that goes 18.5. I changed back to 100 from 32. Still 18.5 throttle only. Tires at 34 psi. My xp 2.0 went 21.5 on setting 100 with throttle only. The voltage is full or nearly at 54 volts. Does anyone have an answer ? Thanks.

Depending on the weight that is on the bike that is about TopSpeed. I have a Lectric 3.0 and a 2.0 with my cargo and my own way it I am coming in about 250. My top speeds match years almost exactly.

Thanks for input. My old 2.0 would have easily passed by this 3.0. I would not have bought if I even suspected it would be slower than my 2.0.

Check the speed indicated on your Lectric bike speedo with another source like your phone gps. My 3.0 was indicating a slower speed than actual. I changed the P06 parameter to 23.9 to indicate a speed closer to my phones gps. My throttle only setting is also 18.5. My understanding is the P08 is to unlock higher speeds only for pedal assist. It has no effect on performance with the throttle. I set my P08 to 100 also. I have hit speeds over 30mph pedaling. Change your display to indicate battery current and you can see how much assistance the system is providing. I believe mine is 18 amps or so on PAS 5 when pedaling.

Check the speed indicated on your Lectric bike speedo with another source like your phone gps. My 3.0 was indicating a slower speed than actual. I changed the P06 parameter to 23.9 to indicate a speed closer to my phones gps. My throttle only setting is also 18.5. My understanding is the P08 is to unlock higher speeds only for pedal assist. It has no effect on performance with the throttle. I set my P08 to 100 also. I have hit speeds over 30mph pedaling. Change your display to indicate battery current and you can see how much assistance the system is providing. I believe mine is 18 amps or so on PAS 5 when pedaling.
That is a great insight and I will look into that. I guess I can only go by what I know. My baseline knowledge is the 1100 miles I put on my 2.0. And every bike is not the same. My 2.0 went 22 mph when p 08 was set to 100 until the battery drained some, then rmph reduced accordingly.. (22 is my sweet spot for putting real estate behind me w/out pedaling, and not going too fast to be too dangerous). When set to 32 it would go 20 exactly. My 2.0 would go 22 without tapping into peak power. Maybe my 2.0 was unique. Any how, I think I might achieve a remedy with Lectric, as they are extra helpful with this issue. If thier remedy works I will post it. Thanks.

My 2.0 P06 was set at factory 22. Wasn’t even close to gps. I have it set at 24.9 and is within.1 mile now. That is on flat SW Florida newly paved streets If that matters.

Jayjay your right, me and my friend both have the same problem with the 3.0, the 2.0 throttle has higher top speed at p08 100, but with the 3.0 it changes nothing.

I see alot of people having this same problem, I think they just restricted it with the 3.0, they made some changes but didn't wanna say it's throttle has a lower top speed because customers would be disappointed with it.

Run your battery completely DEAD until it shuts off.recharge battery fully. Then check your PAS 08.rest to 100 turn bike off.go for a ride it should now go 20 mph on throttle only contacted lectric this is correct process

I almost purchased a 3.0 and I am going to wait until I find out more about this 3.0 controller. I have a XP 2.0. Is it true that when your in a lower PAS like 1 or 2 your limited on how much power you have with the twist throttle? On my 2.0 I can be in pas 1 and give the throttle a healthy twist and gets me to 20 mph pretty quickly but I hear that doesn't happen on the 3.0 total deal breaker. What if you're trying to cross a busy street and you need that throttle to be 100% ? It should be 100% no matter what pas you're in.

I had a 2.0 and purchased a 3.0. I was surprised about the "new" performance parameters. It appears Lectric has reprogrammed the controller with some good and some not-so-good changes. My 3.0 was built in the July 2023 time period which seems to be about the time of the release of the updated 3.0 controller programming. I also understand the updated controller program is/may be available. My assumption is that you would have to send your controller to Lectric for the reprogramming. Would appreciate any update on that.

That is a great insight and I will look into that. <snip>
What did you find out when you measured your actual speed with a GPS app on your phone?

I think it's most important to set up your speedo on the bike to be accurate than to get that last 1.5 mph.

By the way, 18.6 mph is 30 kph, so I wonder if they programmed it to stay under 30 kph for some market and forgot to reprogram a batch of controllers that made it to your (US?) market.

You never answered the question of how much you weigh and what all weight you've added to the bike?

I'll be interested to hear what Lectric has to say. Be polite!

Back