Lectric XP 2.0 PAS intermittent

jimonthemountain

Local time
10:20 AM
My XP 2.0 has 93 miles on it and I have my first issue.

The PAS has developed an intermittent issue where the motor assist does not kick in. The PAS setting 1 through 5 makes no difference. The twist throttle does engage the motor.

I have checked the sensor connector by the crank assembly and see no issues.

Is the sensor magnetic or optical?
Could it be dust in the crank sensor or more likely, a sensor failure?

Had that happen on one of our premiums last night. After 30 minutes it worked again so either it was a thermal cutoff (motor wasn't hot) or maybe a lose wire? It had power and the screen was on just no motor help at all.

Had that happen on one of our premiums last night. After 30 minutes it worked again so either it was a thermal cutoff (motor wasn't hot) or maybe a lose wire? It had power and the screen was on just no motor help at all.
I am having the same problem with my XP premium. The PAS is very intermittent and shuts off consistently on every ride. Sometimes it doesn’t engage at all when starting up. The throttle works fine. There are no error codes on the display. It is currently a serious problem that occurs with every right now.

Lectric will be sending me a new display, but it’s been two weeks now and hasn’t been shipped yet. Whenever it gets here will have to see if it fixes the problem.

Could be the connections on the controller......if you remove the controller....five screws....pull out the rats nest of wires....make sure all are secure....replace controller and see if that fixes your problem.....I had a problem on my XP 2.0...when I would turn it on....I got some wierd error messages....called Lectric...they sent me a video.....I checked all connections on the controller and have never had a proble since. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

On the XPremium they don’t have that item since it’s a mid drive. I’ve checked all the connections everywhere.

My XP 2.0 has 93 miles on it and I have my first issue.

The PAS has developed an intermittent issue where the motor assist does not kick in. The PAS setting 1 through 5 makes no difference. The twist throttle does engage the motor.

I have checked the sensor connector by the crank assembly and see no issues.

Is the sensor magnetic or optical?
Could it be dust in the crank sensor or more likely, a sensor failure?
Call tech-support and they seem to think it’s in that display for posting X premium and the ex to point out. I haven’t received it in the mail yet to test it out. Sent letter to the CEO regarding the problem, since they’re selling the bikes that have defective displays that are affecting several models of their bikes.

Back