Brakes Lectric 3.0 hydraulic brake upgrade

Local time
11:48 PM
Has anybody heard about the new kit that Lectric is going to put out for the 3.0 hydraulic brake upgrade? What about the cost?

Anybody know how I/we go about getting the hydraulic brake upgrade for my/our Lectric 3.0. I am the second owner.

Thanks
Francis

Anybody know how I/we go about getting the hydraulic brake upgrade for my/our Lectric 3.0. I am the second owner.

Thanks
Francis
I emailed them yesterday and they responded within two hours. They told me that they would be sending out a kit in 6-8 months. I would assume you could contact them but they don’t have the parts yet.

I sent an email to Lectric inquiring about re-registering a bike and the hydraulic brake upgrade. Below is there reply. They responded within a couple of hours. Great customer service.

Hello Francis,

Thanks for reaching out!

We do not have a way to re-register the bikes through us, but the hydraulic kit will be an option for all riders, including ones that purchased the bike used.

Within the next 30-45 days, we will send a link to current XP 3.0 riders where they can request a hydraulic brake kit for themselves, and the cost of the kit will be on us!
We will also provide installation instructions. You are welcome to take it to a bike shop for an installation, however, we are unable to cover third-party installation costs.

We are excited to be able to upgrade your 3.0 in this way! Feel free to inquire about anything else, we are happy to help.

Best,

Drew

I emailed them yesterday and they responded within two hours. They told me that they would be sending out a kit in 6-8 months. I would assume you could contact them but they don’t have the parts yet.
I read the email that I got from them again It also said 30 to 45 days. Sorry about the incorrect information. I didn’t realize that you can correct past posts. I fixed the post from earlier.

Here is the e-mail

For the Hydraulic Brake Kit:
Within the next 30-45 days, we will send a link to current XP 3.0 riders where they can request a hydraulic brake kit for themselves, and that cost will be on us! We are excited to be able to upgrade your 3.0 in this way!

Feel free to inquire about anything else, we are happy to help.

Has anyone received their hydraulic brake calipers? I submitted my request via the website 6 days ago, haven't heard anything yet.

Received my upgrade friday 7\14. Installed on Saturday. Easy install. Took about an hour. Installed hybrid zoom brakes a couple of months ago. That was an improvement. The full brake upgrade is awesome. Hardest part was rewrapping the cables. I can now use one finger to operate the brakes.

Did you receive any notification from Lectric that the upgrade kit was being shipped? And how was it delivered, USPS, UPS, FedEx?

Thanks,
Francis

Did you receive any notification from Lectric that the upgrade kit was being shipped? And how was it delivered, USPS, UPS, FedEx?

Thanks,
Francis
I received a notice of preparation. No notice of shipping. Showed up a couple of days later via Fedex.

So Lectric sent me an email on 7/27 saying that my brake upgrade would ship the week of 8/21. I received the kit today. It took about an hour to install, hardest part was getting the hand grips off and unwrapping/wrapping the cables.

These new brakes work great, you can easily lockup either wheel or both.

Thank you Lectric. I recommend my bike every time anyone comments on it. I tell them you won't find a better built bike for $1000 or a better company than Lectric.

Back