Larger 9 pin motor connector?

PowerSet

Local time
2:55 PM
Hello all, I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a connector.

I've only recently gotten into building e bikes, and I have two brushless rear wheels that appear to have different size connectors. I ordered a 9 pin adapter that I wired up to a controller, and it plugged into wheel #1 which was a 14" scooter wheel, but I received a secondhand 18" wheel I can't find much info on, and the connector seems to be the same but significantly larger.

I would prefer get an adapter or extension and cut that up, before hacking the wires coming off the motor.

Thanks for any help,
PowerSet

Attachments

• 552A0A37-4453-4371-833E-EF88A10B6013.jpg
    552A0A37-4453-4371-833E-EF88A10B6013.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 158
Hello all, I'm wondering if someone can help me identify a connector.

I've only recently gotten into building e bikes, and I have two brushless rear wheels that appear to have different size connectors. I ordered a 9 pin adapter that I wired up to a controller, and it plugged into wheel #1 which was a 14" scooter wheel, but I received a secondhand 18" wheel I can't find much info on, and the connector seems to be the same but significantly larger.

I would prefer get an adapter or extension and cut that up, before hacking the wires coming off the motor.

Thanks for any help,
PowerSet
Do a search for e bike motor connectors there should be a chart that show different connectors. Keep in mind even if you find a math that the pins may not be configured the same from motor to motor.

Do a search for e bike motor connectors there should be a chart that show different connectors. Keep in mind even if you find a math that the pins may not be configured the same from motor to motor.
I have looked through the chart I assume you are referring to several times, the search suggested brings up a very helpful page that shows many connectors common to electric bikes, and unfortunately it does not appear to have or mention the connector I have.

The closest I see is that it is very similar to a higo z910 connector which is also cloned by two companies, but there is no mention of there being a variety of sizes, and no parts that I have been able to find.

My best guess is that it is a proprietary connector from a certain brand, so I was hoping someone here might recognize it and know what it is.

I have looked through the chart I assume you are referring to several times, the search suggested brings up a very helpful page that shows many connectors common to electric bikes, and unfortunately it does not appear to have or mention the connector I have.

The closest I see is that it is very similar to a higo z910 connector which is also cloned by two companies, but there is no mention of there being a variety of sizes, and no parts that I have been able to find.

My best guess is that it is a proprietary connector from a certain brand, so I was hoping someone here might recognize it and know what it is.
Hey PowerSet, did you ever figure out a solution? I’m running into the same issue. Can’t find any reference to different sized 9-pin motor connectors? Hope you found a solution, would love to know what it is. Thanks

Back