King Meter Digital ii on Sun E350 trike. Settings Menu Locked?

stephendetroit

Local time
10:20 PM
Hello! I ended up purchasing this bike for a rickshaw with my daughter and wife. i know, i know... now I am taking it to the next level. Since this grocery getter is intended for being very safe, it seems the menu has some additional OEM lock to prevent customers from (easily) modifying the bike.

I already bought the cable, accessed the serial port and adjusted the speed from Controller setting to 40km per hour. Top speed still limited to 10.5.

So if I press both + and - buttons for 2 seconds the settings come up ST1 (brightness) and ST2 (metric or imperial). No matter what i seem to press, including + and menu or even - and menu, nothing happens. I will mention that if I press all 3 buttons at the beginning i get an ID screen. If anyknow knows the magic combination, please help! I already ordered a new display, but I would rather just adjust this one. The lead time is substantial for another King Meter Digital ii that is not locked like this.

Thank you!

Hello! I ended up purchasing this bike for a rickshaw with my daughter and wife. i know, i know... now I am taking it to the next level. Since this grocery getter is intended for being very safe, it seems the menu has some additional OEM lock to prevent customers from (easily) modifying the bike.

I already bought the cable, accessed the serial port and adjusted the speed from Controller setting to 40km per hour. Top speed still limited to 10.5.

So if I press both + and - buttons for 2 seconds the settings come up ST1 (brightness) and ST2 (metric or imperial). No matter what i seem to press, including + and menu or even - and menu, nothing happens. I will mention that if I press all 3 buttons at the beginning i get an ID screen. If anyknow knows the magic combination, please help! I already ordered a new display, but I would rather just adjust this one. The lead time is substantial for another King Meter Digital ii that is not locked like this.

Thank you!
Here's the Manual on it.

Thank you

Attachments

• King Meter digital_iilcd.pdf
    707.9 KB · Views: 290
Back