Kids and ebikes

Yep....And the fact that the parents were both lawyers says it all. Had a friend that lost a child to 4 wheeler accident. He ran into a guy wire on a utility pole. Broken neck and dead child. Who was at fault Honda, Entergy, Cable manufacture or the line man that installed the guy wire. Sad for sure.

You seem to want to make this personal....OK.....you are entitled to your opinion but I don't agree with you and think you telling me that I am kidding myself is a joke......I will stick with my orignal statement and contiue to live in reality.
I sincerely forgot that even the softball term "kidding yourself" was banned years ago by the snowflake generation (sorry).
It is getting very difficult if not impossible (today) to simply tell someone that they just may be wrong, to honestly have then consider what was just offered up...and to honestly think about it.
As a parent, you (should and always) have far more influence on your kids for everything in their lives than any school board, any church.

If you or your child needs reminder of that reality, you should do it, every single day, multiple times a day; that's why education always starts at home.

How your child operate an ebike should be the same as how you teach them to ride as a parent.
If you didn't bother to spend some time teaching them how to ride safely, you should try to teach them before they start to develop bad habits from others; so your child don't have an accident like the lawsuit filed against RarPower:
How many hours do you think those parent spent teaching their daughter how to ride an ebike safely?
I would offer that not every child has parents who are blessed with what you have suggested that they 'must do' throughout this thread.
Let's all have a bit of compassion for those kids who have never even learned how to ride a bike properly through no-fault of their own.

I would offer that not every child has parents who are blessed with what you have suggested that they 'must do' throughout this thread.
Let's all have a bit of compassion for those kids who have never even learned how to ride a bike properly through no-fault of their own.

Whether a child has parents to teach them is not the same as whether a parent SHOULD live up to their responsibilities to having a child.

What are the specific "'must do' throughout this thread" do you refer?

Nobody said it's a child's fault if they didn't get to learn how to ride a bike properly;
but deadly consequences are real when accidents happen.
Importantly, we must recognize where responsibilities lie when children are not taught important lessons in life from parents.

Whether a child has parents to teach them is not the same as whether a parent SHOULD live up to their responsibilities to having a child.

What are the specific "'must do' throughout this thread" do you refer?

Nobody said it's a child's fault if they didn't get to learn how to ride a bike properly;
but deadly consequences are real when accidents happen.
Importantly, we must recognize where responsibilities lie when children are not taught important lessons in life from parents.
Either we (all) choose to teach/regulate or we let nature take its course, it's about that simple.
The 'woke' way (remember, the devil is a divider) primarily consists of constantly staring at your navel concerning the obvious while complaining of everything but the solution with no action save for...more regulation and freedom restrictions (again see the devil).

The majority of parents do a piss poor job of parenting in 2023.
Either get over it and save a few from heartbreak through (dare I say it) 'WORK' on a community not government inspired basis ...or not regulate anything and accept kids being maimed/killed on ebikes/never speak of it again.

Sorry for that 'blast from the past' slap in the face describing how bikes were rode for the last several hundred years or so.

Either we (all) choose to teach/regulate or we let nature take its course, it's about that simple.

Wrong. Everyone is free to choose their own way to raise a child,
but the consequences still apply when you fail your responsibility as a parent.

The 'woke' way (remember, the devil is a divider) primarily consists of constantly staring at your navel concerning the obvious while complaining of everything but the solution with no action save for...more regulation and freedom restrictions (again see the devil).

Regardless "woke" or not; a parent is responsible for educating a child is far more than any teacher, school board or politician.
More regulation or laws do not make up for the lack of parenting.

The majority of parents do a piss poor job of parenting in 2023.

If the majority of people jump off a cliff, do you jump off, too?
Knowing right from wrong is not a concern what the majority do.

Either get over it and save a few from heartbreak through (dare I say it) 'WORK' on a community not government inspired basis ...or not regulate anything and accept kids being maimed/killed on ebikes/never speak of it again.

Parent's responsibility to a child is universal, regardless of government.
That's not something you "get over".

Sorry for that 'blast from the past' slap in the face describing how bikes were rode for the last several hundred years or so.

BTW, bicycles have been ridden around since 1820's; popularity of bicycles didn't occur until the 1900's.
What is the "slap in the face" that you refer?

How has 'church' has been brought into this conversation (ie. where) or anything whatsoever that happens in such a place.
It might have something to do with the attachment that you push with each post.

The post from the original poster was a loaded question. To start a discussion of this nature is never civil. Your ideas and my ideas along with other`s ideas on raising kids are miles apart.
I didn’t interpret the original post that way. Parenting was not part of the post. Regulations and education were mentioned and opinions requested. This is a forum, so that seems to be perfectly legitimate.

It might have something to do with the attachment that you push with each post.
Brother, you will hopefully learn one day that no true follower of Christ ever "pushes" any more than Christ did (not) while offering new life beautifully outlined in the Bible.
My signature offers a few somewhat unorthodox alternatives to understanding that offer via obviously flawed individuals who are about as genuine as I have found in my 60+ years of often criticizing how His word is delivered myself (we are all sinners).
It is pretty humbling to stumble across (now) almost 700 podcasts (Unashamed), a few old retired guys at WFR and Larry to find just about all one needs to keep them in good company.

The post from the original poster was a loaded question. To start a discussion of this nature is never civil. Your ideas and my ideas along with other`s ideas on raising kids are miles apart.
See Django in post #49. 'A' is the one continually beating the latter drum as if this were America circa early to mid 20th century when good parenting as an ideal was just as obvious as it is today and will be tomorrow.
I'll say it again. Either a society feels that safety education involving ebikes is important enough 'to' (here's the naughty word again) WORK at providing it (themselves or less ideally through taxed support) then leave it alone.

OK, i've said it once, now i'll say it again... @ETrike This isn't a church session, leave the preaching at church and dont bring it into our forums.

You only have 1 more Warning before i go nuts....make sure you understand what I am telling you here.

Mr. Django... If you will review the opening post on this string you will notice Mr. Snoop did not mention parenting. He also never continued in the discussion. Kinda like laying a road side bomb and sitting back to watch the action. We all know the definition of a Kid as ask by Clone werks. Or do we? Young child or Young goat. This is what I was referring to about loaded post. We all are right and we all are wrong. Depends on one`s own perceptive.

I didn’t interpret the original post that way. Parenting was not part of the post. Regulations and education were mentioned and opinions requested. This is a forum, so that seems to be perfectly legitimate.

Regulations are in place to educate people, so people learn how to operate in society; you cannot separate regulations from education.

See Django in post #49. 'A' is the one continually beating the latter drum as if this were America circa early to mid 20th century when good parenting as an ideal was just as obvious as it is today and will be tomorrow.
You cannot normalize "poor parenting on current society" and accept it as "responsibility of other people in society to raise your child".

I will say it again:
how to raise, educate a child is the responsibility as a parent; not the teachers, not the church, not the school board, not the politicians.

I'll say it again. Either a society feels that safety education involving ebikes is important enough 'to' (here's the naughty word again) WORK at providing it (themselves or less ideally through taxed support) then leave it alone.

In our society, regulations are in place for people to learn how to operate among other people.
You can (mostly) do whatever you want with your ebikes on your own property, but once on public roads, you need to follow the laws.
Not only for your safety, but also for the safety of others using the roads.

If it is WORK you refer that means following the rules & regulations of the road,
you need to first educate yourself & then your kids about the rules & regulation before operating your ebikes on public roads.
Some rules maybe just common sense to adults, but kids may not know; that's where parents come in.

Mr. Django... If you will review the opening post on this string you will notice Mr. Snoop did not mention parenting. He also never continued in the discussion. Kinda like laying a road side bomb and sitting back to watch the action. We all know the definition of a Kid as ask by Clone werks. Or do we? Young child or Young goat. This is what I was referring to about loaded post. We all are right and we all are wrong. Depends on one`s own perceptive.
Snoop posed a very legitimate question, voiced an opinion and left the topic open for conversation. I would not consider that to be “like laying a road side bomb and sitting back to watch the action”. I have had nothing but positive interactions with Snoop which would indicate to me that your accusation is unfounded.

I think that the issue really comes down to parents, lawmakers, law enforcement and manufacturers taking responsibility. Parents are ultimately responsible for teaching their children. Lawmakers should enact laws that make sense and can be enforced. Law enforcement should enforce the laws. Manufacturers should make it perfectly clear that their product is only to be used by people over a certain age.

If a twelve year old child can’t operate a small motorcycle or mini bike on the road, then why should they be able to operate an electric motorized vehicle, (class 2 ebike)? The fact that the ebike has pedals does not make it less dangerous. The privilege of operating any motorized vehicle should be preceded by a knowledge and proficiency test. If you can’t pass it, you shouldn’t be using the device in the first place.

"Destroying any nation does not involve the use of atomic bombs or long-range missiles..
It only requires lowering the quality of education and allowing cheating in the examinations by the students.
Patients die at the hands of such doctors.
Buildings collapse at the hands of such engineers.
Money is lost at the hands of such economists & accountants.
Justice is lost at the hands of such Judges.
The collapse of education is the collapse of the nation." -Mandela

I sincerely forgot that even the softball term "kidding yourself" was banned years ago by the snowflake generation (sorry).
It is getting very difficult if not impossible (today) to simply tell someone that they just may be wrong, to honestly have then consider what was just offered up...and to honestly think about it.

For your sake....best hope they never ban arrogance.

"Destroying any nation does not involve the use of atomic bombs or long-range missiles..
It only requires lowering the quality of education and allowing cheating in the examinations by the students.
Patients die at the hands of such doctors.
Buildings collapse at the hands of such engineers.
Money is lost at the hands of such economists & accountants.
Justice is lost at the hands of such Judges.
The collapse of education is the collapse of the nation." -Mandela
While realizing that younger generations have been spoon-fed the sanitized versions of corruption and its never ending role in human history...quoting Mandela in terms of educating children is certainly a stretch in terms of just those who HE admired...
"...(Mandela) lamented the death of murderous African dictator, Sani Abacha, calling it a loss to Africa...."

Back