Kick stand shaft fell out

Mgrassen804

Local time
2:49 AM
The shaft to my kick stand fell out. It seems I only have a set screw that does not secure the shaft. Is there a nut in side the kick stand that the screw attaches to? Mike

The shaft to my kick stand fell out. It seems I only have a set screw that does not secure the shaft. Is there a nut in side the kick stand that the screw attaches to? Mike
Unless, the bike needs a proprietary unit that you can reorder from your dealer or get warranty replacement, you can shop for a generic unit and cut to size. Don't

mess around with second guessing, just replace. Sounds like you may have a cheaply made unit or not. I've purchased modified and adapted many kinds of kickstands. Unless, you have loads of time, a kickstand is just not worth the effort. Pass it off to a mechanic or buy one. This is not to belittle your inquiry, it is based on my personal interest and hours in kickstands, proprietary and generic. I am analytical, not a mechanic.
Try to get a simple unit without a set screw, it is a complication.

Back