Just got my first ebike an Aventon and its great - need help in finding suitable bike for my wife

ebj

Local time
8:16 AM
Just had my Aventon for a few weeks and its great as well as the company here on Hilton Head - Philip at Hilton Head Bicycle Co, who sold it to me.
But my wife who is just 5ft, needs something simpler - must be a step through and NO gears, unlike my Aventon that has gears and 5 levels of pedal assist
Any ideas or recommendations?

Aventon has a brand new Soltera Step Through 1 Speed!!! Looks very nice, might be a good fit for your wife.

RadPower RadMission 1.

Step through "mid step" frame, single speed, not too costly, good range, fun, fun, fun. But as a "mid step" step through check their fit table. You'll need to know your wife's inseam measurement to determine whether she can stand over the bar when dismounted without contacting the frame.

I give you my sympathy, but for her sake take the time to teach her to shift, I just purchased the "Biktrix" Juggernaut Duo in tangerine, its a step through middrive, and very easy to operate. She was skeptical about the shifting , but 20 minutes after climbing on she was shifting through the 9 speed gear set and enjoying the entire experiance.

I give you my sympathy, but for her sake take the time to teach her to shift, I just purchased the "Biktrix" Juggernaut Duo in tangerine, its a step through middrive, and very easy to operate. She was skeptical about the shifting , but 20 minutes after climbing on she was shifting through the 9 speed gear set and enjoying the entire experiance.
But then there's the cost issue as well. Love Biktrix bikes and think they are probably the best overall value in "affordable" ebikes, but...

They are more expensive than the lower end brand options like Ride1Up and Aventon. Sure they generally use better components and certainly mid-drive is smoother than hub, but the price of entry is also higher.

The nice thing about the Soltera in the earlier post is that it is just over $1000. But it may be too tall for his wife (no step through option). And any e-bike with or without gears is still going to have multiple PAS levels to give the rider the option of speed vs. battery life, so some added complexity vs. a 1-speed analog bike comes with the ebike territory. Biktrix does have a hub drive model that's only a little costlier than the highest priced Aventons and Ride1Ups.

Back