Jetson Bolt Pro power goes off when turning

highgravity

Local time
2:10 PM
Had the bike for 6 months, and very happy. Newbie here.
Son came home and complained that when turning left, the power lights would go off and the motor would cut out. Even a slight deviation left from straight caused this issue.
Took the cover off and pulled each of the cables separately (I assumed there was a kink or something)...no dice.
Any thoughts?
TIA

Sounds like you have a broken wire somewhere near the steering head. If you have a meter and know how to check continuity the wires feeding the display that would be a start.

Son came home and complained that when turning left, the power lights would go off and the motor would cut out. Even a slight deviation left from straight caused this issue.
Took the cover off and pulled each of the cables separately (I assumed there was a kink or something)...no dice.
Any thoughts?
TIA
The same thing happened to me but it was when I turned right. I don’t know how to fix it thoug.

That was my first thought, and yes. But it's not just the display, it's actual drive/power
I would look at battery connections in that case. Although that doesn't make sense why it would lose power when turning the handlebars. I'm still thinking it has to be something at or near where the wires are at the steering head.

Any thoughts?
TIA
I have the same thing but with turning right
I think maybe it needs new wires but I still don’t know.

Question, when turning and the power drops out/screen goes blank, will it power back up with the handlebars turned, or do they have to return to the center position before power will turn back on??

L
Question, when turning and the power drops out/screen goes blank, will it power back up with the handlebars turned, or do they have to return to the center position before power will turn back on??
the bike turns back on when in the center position it’s only when I turn left does it turn off

Would love some help still! Please respond if anyone has found a solution

Trace the cable connections from handlebar to controller.

If the handlebar position is the only factor that allows the unit to turn off, likely the cables are too short for the handlebar position and pulls the cable hard enough to disconnect the power when handlebar is turn to one side.

Adjust your handlebar location so the cables are not as stretched and see if the problem remains.

mine was doing this too really weird stuff like it made me power assist or it wouldn't go ,handle throttle bar and position had to be at consistent or power would die
i first dove in the guts inspected, nothing major stuck out. since it was the handle bars positions that made it turn on or off so i opened up the throttle i inspected it and, side note, its not to fun to do that,, so a few weeks later I took the shell offf again and this time reseated every wire i could and it works...for now , so its gotta be something with the cables\connections

Hope this helps

I had a similar issue. If the handlebars were straight, I would have no power. Turning left, there was no power either. But turning right would cause the power meter to light up and then the throttle would work. Because of that, I have a strong feeling it is the ON/OFF switch that is having issues but when I looked at the wiring inside, it looked like a mess and fishing it out would be a nightmare. I unplugged and reseated all the connectors and tried to push some of the dangling wire that was inside of the casing and pushed it back up into the frame where it was coming from until I couldn't push the wires up into the frame anymore.

After doing that, it's been working for some time now, but I am not sure what fixed the issue but I'm placing my bets that it was pushing the excess wiring back up into the frame where it was routing to the throttle and the handlebars. Make sure to push up the wiring that is for the ON/OFF switch primary as that is what is coming loose. But again, this is all speculation as I don't know what I did to cause it to work.

Hope this is of use to somebody. If all else, fails try to warranty claim the bike or return it to Costco if you can.

Uh-oh. Jimmysofat bumped a zombie thread. Probably had the same problem, Googled it, and came up with a hit from the olden days.

However, to his credit, he registered an account and joined us.

Welcome to the forum!

On my Juiced HyperScrambler 2, I had the horn stop working for no reason. When I was troubleshooting it, I found that the cables were not routed smartly and when I turned the handlebar, it was stretching the HELL out of those wires. One was snagging on another that should've been routed above it.

This can happen when the owner is putting the handlebars on and not paying close enough attention, (twisted 180 °) or it can be done by the factory workers who don't give a damn.

In my case, I was careful when putting the handlebar on to put it on in a way so as to minimize this, but it was just not routed well enough at the factory. It's just something to be aware of.

Back