Is this ebike even possible? 10,000 watts

NoobForBikes

Local time
12:19 PM
Hello, I have a question:

1. Can you build a bike that is 10 000 watts?
2. Can reduce power down to 1000 Watts for light cruising speeds on the road and to "keep it legal" when needed (off road increase the power)
3. Has storage for many battery packs on the back so it can go very long distances.
4. Instead of 5 or 10 battery packs, can you build 1 big battery pack?
6. Could such a bike pull a 200kg trailer?
7. Can you make that bike drive on its own without peddling at all?
6. How many miles could it do without any peddling and just using its own power?

I am asking this because I have saved some money and I want to go around the world with a bike and a small trailer where I would store a tent and food and other important things like clothes and some food.

My understanding is that this will require a lot of effort on design before designing and building a proper bike which is road worthy and stable to travel across the world. May be have a look at Tern vectron GSD.

One thing you may want to seriously consider is the bike itself.
If it is a simple cycle (whether electric or non electric bike, it is irrelevant), then it wont be a problem. But if you build more complex custom one, then you will have difficulties driving in different countries because of the bike regulations the parent country may have. You may not be allowed to ride your bike if it is huge or custom design on roads wich are only meant for normal traffic and standard bikes. You will also problem with insurances.

Hello, I have a question:

1. Can you build a bike that is 10 000 watts?
2. Can reduce power down to 1000 Watts for light cruising speeds on the road and to "keep it legal" when needed (off road increase the power)
3. Has storage for many battery packs on the back so it can go very long distances.
4. Instead of 5 or 10 battery packs, can you build 1 big battery pack?
6. Could such a bike pull a 200kg trailer?
7. Can you make that bike drive on its own without peddling at all?
6. How many miles could it do without any peddling and just using its own power?

I am asking this because I have saved some money and I want to go around the world with a bike and a small trailer where I would store a tent and food and other important things like clothes and some food.
Not possible. You might be able to build a bike but not sustain it while camping. How will you charge it each night while camping? If you run out of power you will likely have a 200+ lb bike to pedal on your own. If you want to travel the world without pedaling consider a motorcycle.

Back