Is this a good match... OR ?

OutlawRider

Local time
6:00 AM
I'm looking to get an e bike that would be appropriate for my situation. I'm 64, weigh 250# and would like to be able to ride in city, beach or out in the country. I am about to go in for lower back surgery. Once corrected soon, I expect to be able to ride not long after.

I enjoy camping and fishing (mountain rivers and lakes) and would probably use the bike to assist getting there. I'm thinking it has to be reasonably well made, with enough power and range and a good suspension. And foldable for ease of transporting in my SUV.

Something like this one perhaps :

Engwe X26
1200W PEAK POWER | 48V 29.2AH BATTERY

https://engwe-bikes.com/products/x26

Manufacturers price $1,899.99
With warranty
(plus add options)

Attachments

• s-l400 (5).jpg
    s-l400 (5).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 83
Yes so many choices and like you i was online looking at everything. So with my budget i finally chose Engwe Engine Pro it check all my box's for my health. Only thing is it's heavy 83lbs and with my back and knee problems i can't or would not try to pick it up. when it comes to e bikes they are heaver and need a different bike rack for the weight. I found cheap online rack with ramp for motor bikes and it works great for me. I love my e bike and hasn't given me any problems so far. wish you well on what you choose good luck.

Yes so many choices and like you i was online looking at everything. So with my budget i finally chose Engwe Engine Pro it check all my box's for my health. Only thing is it's heavy 83lbs and with my back and knee problems i can't or would not try to pick it up. when it comes to e bikes they are heaver and need a different bike rack for the weight. I found cheap online rack with ramp for motor bikes and it works great for me. I love my e bike and hasn't given me any problems so far. wish you well on what you choose good luck.
Sounds like a pretty good solution. The Engwe X26 seems pretty heavy for a folding ebike. Looking at many possibilities between $1500 and $3K...

I have back problems and am 73.The last 2 years I have rode a $1299.00 wtva/vtuvia 20x4 fat tire,folding bike.Had front suspension and I added a suspension seat post and run 20 psi.im 255#.And it is pretty good bike,no mechanical problems except noisy brakes.,I went with cable pull hydraulic brakes .No noise and stops great. A friend has a ariel rider grizzly,so I rode it 2 city blocks and ordered one. The best possible ride and no back pain at all.The bike is $3299.00 , has both adjustable front and rear suspension, 20x4 tires,1000 watt dual motors and a 20ah under seat battery and another 15ah battery on the down tube. The motors can put out about 3750 watts of power ,you can use any combination of motor. Front,rear,or both at the same time .It's moped style and you slide on the seat to where it's comfortable for you to pedal.7 speed gearing and choice of 3-5 or 9 pedal assist modes. Hydraulic 180mm disc brakes. I really enjoy the grizzly and I ride dirt, sand and hills. Lots of power What ever you decide have fun as ebikes are alot of fun

Back