Tires & Tubes Is there a way to inflate presta valves with an air compressor?

fellur

Local time
4:28 PM
I'm purchasing a wheelset that is made for presta valves only. I don't want to drill the holes to fit schrader valves. So, as the title states, is there a way to inflate presta valves with an air compressor?
All answers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and Welcome to our humble home :cool:
Here are a few links to look through:

Hope that helps ya :)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Made this myself nearly 30 years ago; still works today in my garage.
6KI7DY0.jpg

I've got the Prestaflate thing on one of my compressors. Its not worth the money. Just use a Presta-to-Schraeder adapter and you'll be fine. They cost almost nothing and you can secrete one in your bike tool kit no problemo, which is what I do.

Here's what I bought. A bag of 10 of them for $5.89. Enough to spread around your bike fleet, tape one to something on your compressor just in case etc.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just leave mine on the valve for storage so I don't have to look for it later
I don't do that because of what it does for wheel balance. Go to your powered wheel and put the adapter on. Get it up in the air and hit the throttle. If the spinning wheel starts bouncing up and down, thats something to consider. If it doesn't then hooray.

Maybe these light aluminum versions are the way to go if the wheel is jumpy per the above. Only $4.99 for 10 of the dam things. I think I'll buy these just to see for myself.

Maybe these light aluminum versions are the way to go ... I think I'll buy these just to see for myself.

I did buy them as I posted above and they are perfectly good quality, plus being alloy instead of brass they essentially weigh nothing, so a good candidate for a valve cap so you never lose the thing when you need it.

Back