Is Raleigh still the legendary manufacturer it once was...or....

nabrxx

Local time
7:06 AM
First off, let me say this; I have been a Raleigh customer since childhood, so it made sense to me to purchase 2 Raleigh LOREs, one for me and one for my wife. I have commuted on my Raleigh for over 3 years and over 17,000 miles in all kinds of weather year round. The original battery stills functions perfectly and all of my expectations have been surpassed with this purchase…but then the frame cracked.

For an American distributor representative to nit-pick on a cracked frame warrantee has surprised/disappointed me to no end. The discussions are still open with them via my vendor, but Raleigh/America is hedging and hawing due to an aftermarket shock absorber seat being installed. Has Raleigh become one of the s**t brands or is it still the legendary brand it once was?

Inquiring minds want to know—Please comment about your experiences with this company.
Bike pic 1.jpg

Bike pic 2.jpg

Raleigh is still a good name brand. Frames and components are on par with similarly priced competitors.
Sometimes, you just get a lemon, even though there are more QC processes used.

Raleigh is still a good name brand. Frames and components are on par with similarly priced competitors.
Sometimes, you just get a lemon, even though there are more QC processes used.
Of course I understand that sometimes things go wrong—good customer service dictates that following your published warranty is a better path to remediating an issue like this—not creating excuses or offering discounts on a new purchase. While my dealer is still negotiating the issue with Raleigh USA, I feel let down.

Back